Frequency of washing milk bottles and pump

Hi mummies, How often do u wash and sterilised your baby’s milk bottle and your breast pump equipments in a day? After every use or once a day?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For pump parts, I wash after every pump and sterilise once daily (I pumped at least 8 times per day). For milk bottles, wash and sterilise after every use ( I have a few milk bottles enough for half day feeds so I sterilise all at once every morning and night).

VIP Member

I got four milk bottles so i only wash and sterilize when all are used. Twice washing/sterilising a day. Pump parts washed and rinsed with hot water every use but will sterilized at least once a day together with milk bottles

VIP Member

If I am not alone with the baby, after every use. If I am, I would rinse with water first and wash everything once my hub/helper comes. I have 2 sets of breast pump and several bottles so still ok.

I wash and sterilise everything after each use. I find it a breeze to dry/sterilise things using Haenim UV sterilizer even now for my child’s bowls and utensils.

Super Mum

I wash and sterilise both after every use, but I do both pumping and latching directly, so it’s not that taxing for me at this point. Haha

Wash after every use for milk bottle. Sterile once the machine is full. milk pump wash after using the whole day

I wash and sterilise baby's bottle and all pump parts after each use.

Wash and sterilise after every use. I have 2 set of pump parts.

Super Mum

After every use the first mth, once a day thereafter

Every use - just make sure they dry fully