Morning Sickness/Nausea

Hi mummies ! How do you deal or what food/drinks that can help ease nausea & vomitting ? This is my 1st pregnancy and im in my 6th week. I cant seem to take in plain water, orange juice, tea and all my other favourite foods :(

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi im also experiencing the same on my 7weeks too. which was last week. I mainly focus on fruits and boiled vege diet. i do vomit at times when tried to drink water but im fine with fruits, a few pieces every 30mins so at least im not starving and i constantly have small bite of fruits and vege in and not stressing the nauseous much. maybe you can try that too. but even now im still having my morning sickness. at times i can eat more as i start to feel the sourness in my tummy which makes me eat in a bigger portion.

Read more

I’m sorry u are going through this. I just got over my nausea period only recently, I’m week 15. I lost 6kg in the process. I couldn’t drink water too, so I squeezed lemon or whatever flavour I get get from other fruits to flavour my drink. Try to eat plain crackers, that seemed to help me. I was okay with fruits as well and Maggie! Basically eat whatever u can during this period and take ur supplements. It will get better!

Read more

Every pregnancy is different and only can stomach different food/drink. I'm ok during my 1st pregnancy. still can work till week 37. now on my 2nd pregnancy. my morning sickness was so bad that I was ambulance to a&e once for drips. gastric 24/7, nausea, giddy. feeling very sick even lying on bed. only take milo and khong guan biscuit and raisins. now I'm on week 17. finally able to eat and start to feel well again! so hang on!

Read more
VIP Member

Not easy but u got to experiment urself what u can stomach. What works for me may not work for u. Like ppl tell me to eat those candied ginger slices but i will puke if i try to eat it. But i am ok with ginger tea tho. In any case try to keep ur meals small n light, cos sleeping with a empty stomach with the nausea isn't quite a nice experience.

Read more

I suffered so much during my 1st tri and lost 3 kg and can only eat bland food. Biscuits, crackers, kurma and hot soya bean helped a lot! It’ll get better by 2nd tri. To beat nausea, I always dab peppermint EO as and when I feel like vomiting. Hang in there!

You can try some sparkling water or fruit infused water to encourage water in take. For food you can try to take some plain biscuits or whole meal bread. That was what helped me during my first trimester. It’s not easy. But hang in there!

VIP Member

Ya it’s normal. Can try peppermint tea or buy seasick bands that helps relief morning sickness. Just try to eat a light meals every few hours regularly. I drink milo to help keep my stomach from being empty too.

i also cant take plain water before. I tried tho. But there are occasions that I vomit water. In those occasion I drink Milo. or coconut water :) Then sometimes I have a sip of Sprite

I feel the same too. I feel nausea all the time. Once I wake up I feel nausea till I go to bed. Feeling is horrible :( haven’t found a way to deal with that.

TapFluencer

The doctor can prescribe some medicine for nausea. After that can eat dinner , sleep well and usually effect last till lunch too