Not taking Vitamins

Hello mummies. First time mum here and 18 weeks pregnant. I just want to ask if anyone of you have the same dilemma like me. I find it hard to swallow tablets or capsules even smaller one. So I cannot take my vitamins Iberet and Calcium. very seldom I consume it. also I crushed the tabs so that I can easily swallow it. Also my Obimin I never tried once. Will it affect my baby? Thank you.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I share the same dilema of taking those vitamins.I find it hard to swallow too. My OB prescribed 30 obimin and 30 calvin but I just took 10 calvin and 5 obimin..hirap inumin eh..kailangan ko pa hatiin ang calvin para mainom tas kagatin ang obimin eh nakaksuka ang lasa..pero lately may nakuha ko bago technique para mainom, binababad ko muna sa tubig ung obimin tas pag malambot n ska ko iinumin..kinakagat ko ng konti para lumiit (i swear nkksuka ang lasa) pero kailangan tiisin ksi para ki baby un.

Read more
4y ago

Hirap din ako ako lumunok ng gamot. Im taking obimin before kaso nasusuka ako everytime na magtake ako nun (nagka HG din kasi ako from 7th week up to now 17th week and 5 days) kaya itinigil ko.

I share the dilemma of swallowing huge tablets too! I used to skip cos I couldnt swallow and kept vomiting out the obidimin and calcium pill but after splitting into two pieces and you can also try swallowing them with food it helps! And I have been eating the on time daily eversince! Jiayou!

Super Mum

Can you drink those maternal milk instead? I'm drinking Nestle Mom & Me but you can find whichever brand you like. 2 glasses per day should be good. Also make sure you eat healthy nutritional food to make up for the vitamins & folate!

5y ago

Yes I have anmum materna. Thank you.

Same here! I will bite the pill into smaller pcs, gobble down lots of water quickly and pop a sweet/jelly to cover the awful taste.

VIP Member

Suggest to still keep crushing your tablets vs skipping them. Maternal milk is also a good idea for calcium

Still 17 weeks n I can't wait to experience my baby moving, when should I expect baby kicks

VIP Member

You may drink maternal drink as a replacement

VIP Member

ME! I never consume any of those 😅

VIP Member

try maternity milk

Same here