Having hard time swallow pills. HELP!

Hello mummies! Im a first time mum. 15 weeks in. Super happy and excited. But abit sadden and hurt. My husband isnt too happy that i didnt eat the vitamins provided from the doctor. As i CAN'T swallow pills. But i took another alternative, eating foods that has those vitamins and contains folid acid that my baby needs. Is that still okay? Or must i still take the pill vitamins provided? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! My sister also can’t swallow pills, what she does for all her medication is to crush it and swallow with a sweet drink like Ribena to counter the bitterness of it. Vitamins in food isn’t really sufficient especially folic acid which is very important. You can also try buying vitamin gummies instead! The Brand OLLY is really good! I was very nauseous during pregnancy and these gummy were like a treat!

Read more

i can’t swallow pills either so i’ve let my gynae know right from the beginning. so i’m taking prenatal gummies instead. and some things like iron my gynae gives it to me in powder form instead. there’re a lot of alternatives out there so don’t worry! try iHerb. there are lots of options :)

i don't want to sugarcoat it but prenatal vitamins is very very important. you need to eat them, these pills are specifically for pregnany woman to provide the necessary nutrients for baby. google on ways to swollow them and trial and error. im sure you'll find ways that works for you. good luck.

I can’t swallow pills too so I either crush them or bite them then swallow. For those capsule I just bite and absorb the liquid. Best to consume with warm water. If nt can take maternal milk as there are essential nutrients inside it too

no it’s probably not enough. you need more folic acid for baby’s development. can you crush the pills and swallow with water? can’t stress enough how important the vitamins are to baby’s development, especially their brains!

2y ago

I see. I will try to do that instead. Thanks. 😊

try chewing your food until you're ready to swallow, before you do that pop your pills in your mouth . close your eyes and swallow. my husband does this as he cannot swallow pills , and some pills cannot be crushed .