After giving birth...

Any mummies feel that after giving birth, husband seems to be a bit cold and not interested in you anymore? My husband used to be very much in love and passionate with me. After giving birth to our daughter last year, he’s been busy taking care of her and also with work. Not easy to juggle both I know...but I sometimes feel he’s not that into me anymore. ☹️

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think as couples, we grow together, and our way of expressing love changes too. The moment I read “he’s been busy taking care of her”, I thought, “Wow! You are so blessed.” There are many fathers who aren’t so invested in taking care of the baby, making the wives feel all alone and tired and burdened. Him taking on the role of being a father well is also an expression of love to you.. that he cherishes this baby you and him created together, and that by taking care of her, you can get some rest and “me” time too. Of course, we desire passion and physical intimacy, and that’s really important! Perhaps both you and your husband can intentionally carve out time for couple dates (if you have someone to help with baby for a while), or really, get creative within the house to express physical affection towards one another. Don’t be shy to take the initiative, and also talk it out with him:) I give my husband long hugs in front of our kids (one toddler and one baby), and even explain to the toddler that I love Daddy very much. If your husband expresses that he is less passionate or physically intimate because he’s really tired, then see if you can create the space to allow him to rest more. Also, your way of showing love can also change slightly.. to affirm him of all he’s doing for the family, telling him you’re proud of him, etc. My husband, who doesn’t usually use emojis, sends a big smiley face in reply whenever I send him a heartfelt ‘Thank you’ message for being an awesome husband and dad. Lastly, your little one will eventually grow up, and you and your husband will get more privacy and time to yourselves again. So for now, enjoy this stage of your relationship and build on it as best as you can, such that the passion you show each other next time again is based on a strong, lasting friendship/partnership:)

Read more
4y ago

❤️❤️

Super Mum

Aww! You are so lucky. He take cares of ur girl! I see so many dad uninvolved with taking care of kids. But of cos, we need couple time as well :) I think ppl change their way of expressing love differently at diff stage of life. He love you, that’s why he’s helping u and sharing the work of taking care of ur girl. But if u are really concerned, speak to him. Not in a confrontational way of course :)

Read more

I feel the same too for 3 years already. Sometimes I feel that we are just housemates and nothing else.

4y ago

😖 can we change from lovers to housemate only? That’s sad

VIP Member

I felt he shows more generous to me as I am giving his prince charm hence

Yeah agree with what the other two mommies said. Cheers