When should start maternity leaves?

Hello mummies currently I am 33weeks pregnent bt very Confuse when should I apply for maternity leave.?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on ur work scope. I start mine at 36weeks as my job scope need me to travel around place to place visiting client standing as long as 3 to 4 hours and conducting class from 10 to 430pm. Quite hard for me as my job not so desk bounded.. I ask my gynae to give me HL as of 36weeks on wards and given to me week by week

Read more
TapFluencer

No need for confusion. This is up to you. I had a c section and worked till the day before I gave birth. Some prefer to go on maternity leave 1-2 weeks before due date to rest up. Follow your body and decide from there

VIP Member

Hi! I was in the retail line as well.. baby wasn't putting on weight so my gynae gave me HL, up until the day I gave birth.. maybe you can ask your gynae for HL? So you can fully utilize your 4 months ML

VIP Member

I started mine after 36 weeks. But if you don’t have any complications, you can start later so that you’ll have more time with your baby after giving birth, before going back to work.

U can start maternity leave as early as 28 working days from ur EDD or decide any day to start taking leave before EDD. Depending on your preference and health condition.

Usually when you have delivered but if you need it earlier you can request for HL from your gynae. But ultimately it depends on your HR and company.

Depends on you. Some people start early from 36/38 weeks for some me time, some people work all the way till they give birth

4y ago

Actually m working In retail sales. so need to stand for long hours that's y my management want me to take early as they don't want any problem if anuth9company got problems

VIP Member

Try to ask gynae to give u HL instead before u pop. I got HL thus could use full 4 months after I popped

I started on the day I deliver. Gynae gave me one week of HL so that I don’t need to take leave

VIP Member

I’ll start to take maternity leave from 36 weeks to rest and prepare for the baby’s arrival