Is It OK Eat Salad?

Hi moms I am 20 w now. I just want to ask is it OK to eat Salad? Eat tomatoes, cucumber and pickles in subway or burger?? Because sometimes I eat that food. But then so many of my friends that not even pregnant and not pregnant yet told me about stuff.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Best to avoid. Especially salad bought outside, cause u will not be sure if they wash the vegetables or how they handle them, which likely to hv bacteria.

Super Mum

I tried to avoid until 20 weeks then I ate once a week at the same shop, SaladStop! And always same salad. Hoping that it minimizes the risk lol.

VIP Member

Better to avoid as u will never be sure of the hygiene standard of the food handler for the salads in fast food outlets or restaurants.

Super Mum

Avoid eating raw food outside cos dunno how well it was washed... if u really need salad, do it at home...

VIP Member

Home made salad :) actually outside salad, J u st have to be sure they r clean. I eat subways too.

TapFluencer

No to raw food while pregnant. You don’t want risk of any infection. Better be safe than sorry

Super Mum

Best to avoid as these are considered high risk food as they are not cooked before you them.

I thought docs always say veg are good. Mine even asked me to take more greens.

No don't eat, outside salad may not be clean. Eat cooked food instead

TapFluencer

I avoided during first tri. Now I’ll eat selectively.