Fooooddddd

Hello mummies!! what do you usually eat during your pregnancy? because my gynae say i cannot eat too much carbs and i’m not really a salad (even if i do i must add alotttt of sesame sauce which i read online cannot eat) nor cereal/oat person so i’m always stressed about what to eat. suggestions? :D

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Too much carbs might lead to gestational diabetes. (: But always a balanced meal is important. Sauces contains lots of sugar too, please cut them if you may. Not all Salads are made from raw food. You can try with some quinoa, dried cranberries, cooked edamame, (stir fried) tomatoes, salmon and eggs for a healthy meal. 🤤

Read more

Carbs should still be part of your diet because you need the energy and calories. Maybe you can choose healthier alternatives like brown rice or whole meal. You can also make your own avocado smoothie, which is high in good fat and other nutrients (I add fresh milk and maple syrup/honey).

Are you diabetic? Probably why gynae told you to eat little carbs. Try to change to brown rice instead? But don't eat a meal. Eat small but frequent, 6 times a day. I will avoid salads cos they're raw foods. But you can eat fruit salad. Must control your diet. Take care!

hello! ive almost completely cut out carbs since trim 2. focus on the protein and calcium instead. increase the meat and vege intake to fill you up. if you get hungry later, have some walnuts, almonds and cashew. you can do it!

TapFluencer

when I'm 7 months pregnant my gynae told me same thing too. I can't be bothered my hunger is more than anything I can care about I just eat whatever I feel like. my personal view pregnancy shouldn't be stressful

Super Mum

Hello! A well balanced diet is fine :) I would avoid salads and other non cooked food. Heh. Cooked veg is better. Nothing wrong with carbo, just no need to overdo any food group. Enjoy your pregnancy!

I survived on lots of meat and veg n egg due to gestational diabetes

huh why cannot eat sesame sauce?? 😣

Change to brown rice