when to start buying things for baby when preggy?

Hi Mommies, at which trimester or weeks did u start to buy things for baby when u are pregnant? Just an excited mom hehe

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started to buy baby things after knowing the gender but try to control myself. Reason : 1. There might be handdowns or gifts from others along the way before delivery. 2. Husband doesn't want me to spend unnecessarily or end up with too many things at home. After 7-8 months we started to buy more practical & bulky items like baby cot, milk bottles, wet wipes ect.

Read more

Bought the first outfit once I found out the gender. Then after that slowly buy. During baby fair, if got any sale I bought (bigger items such as cot/stroller). The other things I slowly bought but regret cos now am at 35wks i have not bought everything. So i would say after you find out gender/mid 2nd tri can start buying.

Read more

Bought the very first outfit right after our gender scan checkup cus was too excited and happy. The rest of clothes and items was late 2nd tri onwards. I did alot of surveying first and slowly buy.

VIP Member

I get when I saw something nice but go for unisex before knowing gender. After knowing gender will keep want buy. But don't get too much clothes baby out grown fast.

Buy bb things after knowing gender but ur stuff like pump bottles etc can buy anytime.. But do read up before buying of cos 😊

TapFluencer

During 3rd trimester, but most of the things are hand me downs so i only get those i lack off or really need.

3rd tri, bought a few new pieces and the rest are hand me downs (save as much as you can)

Yes i was so excited too..i bought first item on the 1st day i knew i was pregnant!

VIP Member

I bought one item after each appt. Rewards her for growing well. Just excuses=)

Better time would be few weeks after delivery as then it is easier to shop :)