When should you start to buy things?

When did you start preparing your lists and purchasing all the things you needed for the birth of your baby? Towards the beginning? Throughout? Or at the last minute?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Only started to buy aft 7 mths which was rather late actually 😅 cz have less energy to walk ard to survey for the more ex items like car seat, stroller, UV steriliser etc. Ended up buying most things online (which actually has better prices if you have time to compare and wait for discounts). Best to start sourcing and researching in 2nd trimester so tt you don't hve to worry in the last few mths!

Read more

Started purchasing as early as week 10 mainly stretch mark creams and maternity pillows. Don’t leave everything to last minute, less stressful. Try to leave third trimester empty for just setting up the nursery and relax and prepare for childbirth

throughout is better ! i didnt get it ready and then due to covid , there's lock down that time , i barely had anything to use when my baby's arrive . so it's better to get ready along the way !

I only start to buy at 7-8 mths onwards. Mainly to be on the 'safe side'. Anything can happen. Very unpredictable. Also, a good time to exercise (walk alot) during that period.

I start to buy after 7 months pregnancy.. mainly because in my culture its “pantang” (forbidden) to buy baby things before baby reach 7 months. But is all up to you.

I think you can start buying during the last trimester. I did mine last minute. I remember ordering swaddles online while carrying him. 😅

i still have five months to go, but i'm thinking of getting most of the big ticket items during the 11.11 sales 😅😅😅

VIP Member

I started preparing slowly throughout the pregnancy. Never last minute ☝🏻

Super Mum

I bought slowly throughout the pregnancy. Less stress

4y ago

Nice, thanks so much for your insight!

Actually can start buying slowly after 6 months