Things to buy for baby & mummy

Anyone has a (almost) complete list of things to buy for baby & mummy? Although i can google it, i am still very clueless And when do you start buying them? ##firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Trimester 2 onwards (up to you) Ill list down the brands im using for myself. Baby • Clothings (I got hand me down cause they outgrow very quickly.) - Mittens, Booties, Swaddle, Bibs • Stroller (Keenz Air 2.0) - No car seat for me cause we don’t own a car. We take taxi/public transport when we go out. • Baby carrier (Ergobaby Omni 360) - Personally recommend to use this carrier after 3mo unless your baby is tall. • Handkerchiefs (For shower/burping) • Diapers (Huggies naturemade) • Oral wipes (NUK) • Nail scissors (Pigeon, after 1 or 2 months) • Towel (Im using Taobao) Optionals • Changing mat (Babylove) • Milk bottles (Avent Natural) • Hair brush • Pacifier (Avent Ultra Soft) • Formula (if not intending to bf, NAN Optipro HA for mine) • Ruyee oil • Diaper cream (Sudocrem) • Cot (Raab family) - I didn’t use the cot at all cause i’m breastfeeding so cosleeping is more convenient. Mummy (All optional) • Breast pump (Babyexpress Be Mine & BeFree) • Flange inserts (Important if you intend to pump) • Breast pads (Pigeon Premium care) • Kotex overnight panties (I dont like maternity pads) • Nipple cream (Thomson essentials) • Sets of long sleeve long pants PJ (Use button for easy access) • Nursing bra (Lovemere) • Bedroom slippers Lifesaver: UV steriliser (Haenim)

Read more
1y ago

No problem :) • Diapers Most hospital uses Huggies naturemade, however its still up to your LO’s acceptance. Request samples from various brands (Eg MamyPoko, Merries, Huggies, Genki, Peekapoo), choose the one you then see baby’s acceptance. Don’t stock up first 😊. • Milk bottles Same as diapers, also up to baby’s acceptance. If you’re using Avent natural (and intending to latch), be sure to get size 0 teats seperately as the ones that comes with the bottle is size 1. If you are feeding bm, you no need to upsize the teats so quickly as compared to fm. • Breast pump Not sure how true but I read online they mentioned that its better not to use handsfree pump before your supply regulates. Also, do remember to ask LC to measure your flange size during your hospital stay. Using the wrong flange size will cause your nipples to crack/hurt as well as your yield (affected) to dip. Spam the nipple cream!