Hi. This isnt totally a question i just wouldn't want to post something like this on any social media which i cant post anonymously or else they might judge my husband poorly right away . I just need to share. I got married to a man that I really love. The thing is i came from a little well off fam. I go to FEU, while my husband isn't that much. His mom is a sari sari store owner, and his dad is a rice farmer. I dont mind that at all, my family doesn't either. I live with them embracing the kind of life he can give to me and our 2 month old daughter. My sentiment is that, it is my birthday today... and we are in my sisters house weve been here for over a couple of weeks now because a relative just passed away, so we are almost running out of money, i know that he couldnt do anything here in my sisters house to earn money, because if we were home theres a possibility he could from vulcanizing and we have this billiard table. Its just that, he knows that my birthday is coming, and just told me that he's sorry if he hasnt got anything for me when its my first birthday together. Yes, we got in a relationship and i got pregnant and gave birth in less than a year, but he's been courting me since 2015. I just dont know... i feel sad, and i am actually crying in the bathroom because i dont know if its okay to tell him that i am hurt because he doesnt have anything for me for my birthday it sounds so childish but i dont know i really am so sad. This isnt quite a question i just need to share this out. Thank you.

40 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Oh. Mine was that too. When I met my husband, I thought well off sila. (We are not, pero nasa mid I can tell). Pero when I got pregnant, I realized na hindi. It's very hard dn for me sis. Kasi to be honest, when we got married, kami na talaga from all. Gstos lahat. And I need to stop working din kasi senstive. Hndi ako mkpaglbas ng sama ng loob or ng hirap ko sa parents ko kasi ayokong sbhn nila na tama sila. Imagine, ung shod ng hubby ko mdalas (from bpo) is pmaptak lang ng 7-10k per cutoff. Kapag labs and ultrasound gapang talaga kmi, lalo na sa gmot ko. Then I gave birth, literal na wala talaga siyang mailbas:( ung mga relatives niyang pinagmamalki niya na myyman or watsoever, ni walang magoffer ng tlong. Mukha akong tanga, and I hate that. Hlos parents ko smgot ng bill. Nakautang siya ng almost 30K sa 2 reltives niya pero that can't cover my whole bill. Lesson, minsan talaga love is not just enough. Kailangan talaga both is may savings na maayos. Pero as long na striving naman kayo both, and hubby mo is mkikita mo namang nagsskap, it'll be fine soon. Kami we talk and talk about it. Dati hirap ako magadjust kasi andami ko need iscrifce, buying makeups, buying skincares, buying things na gsto ko. Lahat un nawala. Ngyon, medyo nkaadjust nko. Technique sis is be open kay hubby. Nakktlong. Makakaraos dn kayo. Tiwala lang. Happiest bday πŸ’–β€οΈ

Magbasa pa

Eto talaga tumatak sa isip ko sa pag attend ko nang isang personality development where they tackle your emotion, career, spirituality, and finance: When poverty comes in, love comes out of the window. Mind over heart na talaga labanan ngayon sis. Kung hindi lang ako nabuntis, hindi ko rin alam gagawin ko, kase i got pregnant last october and i know it's God's will if everything goes smoothly the way you expected to. That is my belief. Nabuntis lang nga ako ng kainuman ko we barely know each other and dated pa pero due to his schedule sa work, nawala at di na nagparamdam until i waited for a month just to confirm my pregnancy. i bravely confront kung ano magiging plano. Mabuti nalang talaga Lord alam mo kung sinong tao. Those situation draw me closer to God. Mas nakilala ko kung sino talaga sya. Since di kami nagkikita since may pandemya pa, but di ka talaga matatablan ng emotions mo pag alam mong si God ang gumagawa ng paraan at nag mamaneuver ng heart, utak at bibig mo πŸ™πŸ™ laban lang tayo

Magbasa pa

it will pass my dear. sentiment ika nga. atleast he apologized. as the saying goes, "dont expect as it hurts" meanwhile, whatever kind of family backround we have it won't define who we are, so kudos on what u have shared about his background. Since you just have started a family and there are still things that dont go your way and it can be frustrating yes. but sooner or later ur life as husband and wife with a kid will mature. what I mean will mature is that things like not having gift or cake on ur bday will be fine because there are other bigger things happening. happy birthday to you my dear, continue supporting ur husband and I am sure his brain is working in the background on how to make things work for living and supporting you and his daughter. before I forget, men are like nails. kailangan pukpukin. sometime we need to tell them what we want. they like hearing it.

Magbasa pa

Thank you so much everyone. I feel so bad about myself. I know I married a good man and not having anything for my birthday because of our situation isn't really a big deal, i know if we were home he'd do something. he's been a good husband since day 1, he never made me feel alone in this journey especially when our daughter came he makes sure that i get the rest that i needed we would take turns to put her to bed or play with her whenever she's awake. He never shouted at me even once even though im sure i am being a brat most of the time. Maybe i just felt bad on my birthday because it felt like just an ordinary day but i felt guilty right after because i know he feels bad also that he couldnt even buy a cake or anything. Im so thankful that i found this app it actually very helpful. Thank you!!!

Magbasa pa

Aww sis, hmm cheer up and happy birthday. Come to think of it, babawi yan sya. Kung walang pandemic ngayon or walang crisis, baka pumitas pa ng bulaklak yan or bilan ka ng simpleng regalo at handaan ng simple. He's a simple man so i know you're not expecting something grand too. Hindi nya rin lugar yang pinuntahan nyo, at humingi na sya ng pasensya. You know? Kung nakita or narinig ka nyang umiyak, he'll break too. I mean, he'll be hurt. Cuz it hurts a man, when he can't do something to make u happy. He knows himself he will and he can, but the situation just won't allow him. So please understand him. And tell him that you feek that way please. Cuz once you've thought that way, it will always come to you. Remember, prevention is better than cure. We might as well prevent future situations like that to avoid painful revelations

Magbasa pa

Ako lumaki ako sa mga relatives ko and hindi nga nila alam kung kelan birthday ko. So yung birthday para saken parang ordinary day lang . Then nung nkilala ko yung boyfriend ko at nabilhan ako ng cake nung 20th birthday ko, sobrang saya ko na as in parang first time in foreverπŸ˜šπŸ˜‚ May mga pagkakataon nman po tlaga na kahit ayaw mong magtampo wala kang magawa kasi yun yung nararamdaman ng puso mo eh. Lilipas din nman po yung tampo niyo. Ginagawa ko pag ganon iniisip ko yung mga bagay na meron ako at yung mga bagay na nagawa nung tao para saken para matakpan yung kapiranggot lang nman na pagkukulang niya.

Magbasa pa

yes, it's sad. pero come to think of it, sinabi niya agad sayo and naging honest siya na wala man lang siyang maibibigay miski gusto niya, ibig sabihin ay inaalala niya pa 'din ang mararamdaman mo. matuto tayo makuntento sa kung ano ang meron tayo sa buhay natin. maswerte ka kasi mukhang maabilidad ang partner mo and he loves you and your dear child. mas importante ay magkakasama kayong tatlo ng anak niyo sa birthday mo. hindi naman din mali na malungkot ka. okay lang 'yan. just think on the bright side. wag ng malungkot Mommy. God bless. smile na. πŸ˜‡

Magbasa pa

Hey mommy being married with a good and responsible husband is a way more blessed than those material things you wished for. Just be contented what he can offer and afford for you. Meron nga akong batchmate kung mka post sa SNS account nila parang ang happy at swerte nila syempre humblebragging ang peg for their lavish lifestyle. Yung lang after a week they celebrated their anniversary na shock nlang kami sa balita the guy committed suicide. Hanggang ngayon hindi pa rin nami alam ang reason.

Magbasa pa

hi mommy my husband is also not very showy or into giving flowers or material gifts if may special occassion, of course sometimes we expect them to be too romantic but one time he said to me, flowers and gifts are not important, flowers withered what is umportant we are together in every special day of our lives, and for him daw every day is special if we are together, since then di na ako nag eexpect, kasi sa mga special occasions or kahit wala palagi kaming magkasama. Kaya cherish tye moments na magkasama kayo may occasions or wala.

Magbasa pa

Normal lang namn na maramdaman yan ng mga magbibirthday (birthday blues ata tawag jan), kaya lang kung wala sha maibigay for now sa bday mo you have to understand if he's a good husband, he'll make time na makabawi sa ibang pagkakataon hindi lang siguro nya kaya ngayon kase wala shang resources na pagkukunan or kung meron man baka may mas mahalaga like food nyo... As a wife, you also have to understand your or his situation baka hindi mo rin alam masakit sa kanya hindi ka maregaluhan at wala shang magawa 😒.

Magbasa pa