28 weeks pregnant taking Glucose test

Hi im taking Glucose test next month. I think for the past few months ive been eating/ drinking sweet stuff and i would like to avoid it before taking the test. is there any way for me to reduce it? im afraid. and when will i know the results usually? Currently my check up is at SGH

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The test checks your fasting blood glucose as well as how your body deals with the glucose (whether it can remove the glucose from your blood efficiently). You’ll need to fast (both food and water) from midnight in order to get an accurate assessment of whether you have diabetes. Even if you’ve taken sweet stuff previously, it doesn’t mean you’ll get a bad result:) but having a healthy, well balanced diet is definitely good for your pregnancy. Try to drink plain water as much as possible, and go for naturally sweet things like fruits rather than sweet snacks.

Read more
VIP Member

Its usually down to genetics but of course a healthy diet is good for your health in general. Cut down sugary drinks (the amount of sugar in there is incredible), cut down bubble tea, reduce white rice intake/switch to brown rice. I know the sugar craving is REAL but gotta think of your health even after pregnancy ok. You got this mama!👌

Read more

From now on till your test date, try your best to avoid/eat in moderation any sweet stuff & carbohydrates food. Drink enough plain water. My appt was at KKH, if the nurse doesn't call me on the day itself or the next day, means I passed the test.

i dont have strict diet at all. carbonated drinks were my fav. BUT i drink lots & lots of water. i checked my results from health hub app. the day after my glucose test.

4y ago

please call...☺️☺️

VIP Member

I did light exercise and cut on sugary drinks and dessert! Turn out to be ok. Before that I always crave for dessert after meal!

VIP Member

I was crazy about durians throughout my preg. I stopped for 2 weeks and no sweet stuff as well.

VIP Member

eat alot of veggies and drink more plain water other than carbonated drinks

VIP Member

Main reason due to genetics, then diet and exercise.

Super Mum

More activity helps