Glucose test

Hello im 5months pregnant this wed i will be going for my oral glucose test i will need to fast and i was informed that they will be giving me a glucose water to drink after.. may i know will i be taking two blood test in one day? And usually how long do i have to wait? My appt is at 8

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had mine done in SGH. It took about 2 hours? It was 3 blood tests: 1) One vial upon arrival for fasting glucose 2) Right after the first blood test I took the drink and next blood test is at 1 hour mark after the drink 3) Last vial at the 2 hour mark I had my doctor's consult in between the second and third blood test. I would suggest going early (8 am is great). I went by 8.30am and I was starving by the time I was done at 10.30am.

Read more
VIP Member

The wait is not long, is just come register, meet he doctor for awhile to check baby heartbeat and s short scan. Then get ur 1st blood test, and report hourly until 3rd blood test and then can go off. I had mine just 3 days ago. Dont worry, its not painful, just a reminder, dont be late.

3 blood tests! Heard a lot of scary things about the glucose drink from my friend prior to the test but to be honest I quite enjoyed it lol. Had no issues downing the bottle but I know different people would react differently to it. Just adding another perspective. All the best!

Super Mum

3 bloodtest actually... Fasting bloodtest -> Drink a bottle of orange glucose -> Second bloodtest after an hour -> Third bloodtest after another hour. I recalled my appt was also at 8am, and I was done by 11-ish.

Read more
4y ago

Some sort like F&N Orange but sweeter & a little thicker in texture

They will draw ur blood before they pass u the drinks, then one blood test one hour later then one last one two hours later after your drinks. So total 3 blood withdrawal.

They will draw blood 3 times with intervals of 1h in between each. The drink is very sugary but depends on individual. For me, it was just overly sweetened Miranda Orange

Is take 3 blood test. One took before starts to drink. Then gotta wait 1 hour before taking blood. And then wait one last hour before taking blood for the last time

VIP Member

Draw blood 3 times. 1st draw then rest another 1 hr then 2nd draw, rest 1 hr and final draw

Mine from 8.30 to 11am, including seeing gynae in between the test

VIP Member

I had 2 blood test one after another 2 hours apart :)