Like to consume sweet but does not have GDM

Hi mummies anyone likes to eat and drink sweet stuff but passed their glucose test and does not have GDM? Cause ill be gg for my glucose test next 2 weeks, however ever since im pregnant i cant stop consuming sweet stuff. Which im scared ill get gdm but i cant refrain myself 😣 #firsttimemom

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

fortunately (or unfortunately, depends on how you see it), GDM seems to be more hormones related than diet related. I know Google kept telling me to control sweets intake for fear of GDM, but i have friends who doesn't even like sweet foods getting GDM, while those who doesn't control their diet passing the test with flying colours. Do note that it's not just sweets and desserts that spike our blood sugar, there's carbs (rice, noodles, bread etc) too.

Read more

Hey mummy, I hated sweet stuffs and I had my KOI milk tea in 0% sugar and I had GDM during my pregnancy. I believe it all boils down to the health of the mommy as I was told that mummies who developed GDM were just diabetes symptoms saying Hi in advance (like giving us a heads up that it will appear in years to come too so we better control our diet and be cautious). Leave it to fate dear!

Read more
TapFluencer

It’s not easy to go thru pregnancy and anyway you’re going to 3rd trimester soon and you’ll pop in a blink of time. Just try to tahan?! For the sake of your health and baby’s health! Anyway if have GDM, will have to control diet or like prick needles?! So….just tahan that few mths don’t eat sweet stuff and then you no need to go thru the hassle of needles or stricter diet…..

Read more

Yes me! I ate so much sweet stuffs but no GD. I think is how individual ppl breakdown the glucose. My cousin who don’t take sweet stuffs got GD instead. Rmb carbos also contain a lot of sugar. Everything in moderation ba

I have a sweet tooth before + during pregnancy. No problem with GD. Depends on how your body breakdown the glucose.

Yes, been drinking a lot of sweet drinks, cakes and chocolate. Can’t help it. Passed my GDM. Don’t worry 😊

yes i have cravings for sweet stuff this pregnancy but passed with flying colours