I'm jealous that my friend is pregnant with her 3rd kid. I also have 2 kids and I want a 3rd, but husband says we have to wait until we are financially able to support a 3rd. But I really want another baby...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy, I'd say there's nothing to be jealous about - because somewhere out there, there's also people who are jealous of you for having two kids. Like what other mummies said, you have to think about the future and everything that comes with it. In fact, your husband is being really responsible because he is expecting to have the financial stability - he didn't say he doesn't want to have a child, so I guess you just have to be patient and help whatever way you can :) Other than thinking about just having a 3rd child, you'd also need to think about the financial burden it'll add - don't forget, while you're pregnant and preparing for the 3rd child, your two other kids will NOT stop growing so you'd need to be able to support them too! You also don't want to end up in a situation where there's too much financial burden and you're not sufficiently covered - so the best thing you could do for your family is to make sure that your two children, you and your spouse are covered by insurance to protect yourselves. After that, make sure you have enough financial ability to support your children in their education too - not just for the time being but 2, 3, 5 or even 10 years into the future.

Read more

Hey dear, having a kid is one thing. But we have to be very realistic especially financially and emotionally. After all babies are a blessing we don't want them to end up being a burden indirectly. I'm also sure your husband would want another baby when the time is right. So I'll say, hang on it's really okay

Read more
VIP Member

Talk it out with your husband and understand his point of view too. If household finances are not sufficient/too stretched to support another child adequately, perhaps it would not be the right choice. It would compromise your entire family's quality of life.

VIP Member

You have to think in the long run. It's not because of just because of having kids. Yes you will be itching to have a baby. But the financial burden won't be easy with 3 kids.

Enjoy life as a mother of 2. Your husband does have a point. If it isn't the right time to be having the 3rd, it might probably be stressful to your family.

VIP Member

I won't jealous lah... I also wish to have 3rd baby, my husband also okay with it but only he said need to wait until we strike TOTO then can afford. Lol

Instead of being jealous, count your blessings that you have two beautiful kids? Agree with Jorelle that having 3 kids nowadays is no easy feat.

3rd child got more baby bonus.. show to your hub. Dont get jealous, this isnt worth getting yourself feeling this way. Jus find a solution

Bette to wait till your finances allow. Parenthood is tough enough without having to add money to all the worries!

Hi, There is nothing to be jealous. You should be proud and happy that you have 2 kids and a nice family :)