What would you do if you want 3rd kid but your spouse think that 2 kids is enough. We've already discussed it but it seems that he's not budging. I can't seem to change his mind.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to find what there's a difference in your opinions. Is he worried about the financial aspect, which is a great deal in todays times. Men, in our society, no matter how feminist we sound in other matters, the onus of looking after the family's financial needs rests on man, so may be, he is worried about how he would handle all that. Try to figure out his concerns and if it's causing stress for him, it is better to drop the idea, and have peace at home. You guys already have two kids, focus on providing them the best of life.

Read more

If you feel strongly for it, try to just ask him to keep an open mind about it. Convince him by addressing any concerns he may have using logic and fact. For example, if he is worried that the family can't cope financially, show him how the budgeting can work out well (assuming that it is not an issue). Addressing his concerns will probably give you a stronger argument and at the same time, a good chance for you to consider if it is feasible to have a third child at this point in time.

Read more

Why do you want a third kid, and why does he not want a third kid. From there you can judge to see if there are practical reasons for him not wanting a 3rd kid. Also i believe in letting nature takes its course. Doesnt mean we want, we will have. Isnt it better to let it be and let it happen naturally. Perhaps hubby feels obligated?

Read more

I think having kids must be based on a mutual decision because it is such a heavy burden. If my husband’s uncomfortable then I wouldn’t push for it. It wouldn’t be fair for him to take on sth that he didn’t want to sign up for. It might cause resentment in him and affect your marriage in the future!

VIP Member

Why do you want 3 kids? And why does your Husband not want it? Have You thought of the practicalities of having 3 kids? Space at home? Car seat space? Who will help you, etc? Jumping from 2 to 3 is a huge step, and You need to Ensure you are financially and emotionally prepared for it.

Read more
Super Mum

Try to find out the reason why he doesn't want a 3rd child.

One is enough. Two is too much. Three is a crowd.

more kids more merrier...