Im feeling really annoyed by the action of my mum. I know she shows favoritism towards my bro or his gf, but i cant seem to feel gd when my mum talks bad abt me or my family to bro's gf. Or mum will whisper secretly to bro's gf when im around so that i wont hear it. I saw once when mum texted bro's gd to say abt me which i don feel gd in any ways. I tried to ignore my feeling towards it but somehow just couldnt help to feel irritated/annoyed. Even casual chatting with bro and gf or others without my mum around, thereafter bro's gf will tell my mum what i hav said and seems like purposely "shoot" me tt kind of thing. Arghhh just doesnt feel gd bout it. I told hub, he says jus don care. Bro's gf is 21 this yr. To mum, she feels bro's gf is an angel, totally no flaws that kind of girl.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I agree with your husband. Just don't care. But I know that's hard to do especially since your own mother seems to not care as well about how you feel. Have you tried confronting her? Try to have a serious conversation and find out why she doesn't seem to approve of you. As for your brother's girlfriend, just be civil toward her. If you love your brother, then you should respect his choice for a partner. Just behave around her and don't give that girlfriend anymore fodder to tell your mother. I'm sorry that you're in this situation.

Read more
7y ago

Mum is those super opinionated kind. She always wants to it in her own way and will tell u "who are you to even care". What i really dislike about the gf is whenever she has any arguments with bro, seems to act or really being "innocent" and told my mum tt she quarreled with bro. Thereafter, without knowing what is the issue, mum will confront and scold bro. I mean such girl i really don find it tt "innocent" tho.

VIP Member

Big hugs!! Maybe try and talk to your mom when the time us right, spend more time with her etc. I believe she loves you too but I guess that's how old folks are.

Just don’t care about it. The more you care the more frustrated you will be. So why not just led your life easy by ignoring the haters/naysayers? :)

Dont care, Dont depend other on happiness. She can do whatever she want, but you gotta be happy and find other sources of happiness

VIP Member

Don’t overthink. You b happy with your husband. Your mom should realize herself

Totally understand!!

very complicated.

Super Mum

Tat s life...

VIP Member

Hugs

Then tell her to marry the gf