I'm feeling emotional these few days cos I'll be returning to work next week after my maternity and no pay leave. Hubby said it will be tight on family financial if I continue to go on no pay leave .. So it is even more impossible for me to quit my job to be a SAHM . We are sending our Lo to infant care .. N I'm already feeling the separation anxiety :( I wish to take care of my baby by myself too but hubby thinks it is too tight financially . We also have another elder child (5 years old), so many mouths to feed .. Sigh.. Been feeling depressed too .. Anybody in similar situation as me ? How can I feel better ? :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can totally relate and understand where you are coming from especially because I felt the same when I was going back to work after my maternity leave! It's just not easy to leave a bundle of joy in the care of a nanny or play school because you feel like you are leaving a piece of you behind. However, I want you to look at the positive side of being a working Mom:-) just because you are a Mom does not mean you let go of your career, your independence as well as what you contribute to this world. You will also realise your little baby will grow to be more independent, strong willed and joyful! Kids take care of themselves therefore we need to take care of ourselves first - such that we remain ever confident, equal partners at work and at play! Best of luck! Be bold - you can do this!

Read more

Hi mummy, i can really feel you as i did faced it too but managed to overcome this separation anxiety gradually over time. We are living in Singapore which has a high standard of living hence it's costing to have 2 children. So even though i wish to become a SAHM but i can't fulfil my dream as my hubby is not earning much. Hence, for the sake of our future and my kids, i have to continue working so that it's enough for us to cover our monthly expenses and also to provide the best to our kids. I believe alot of mummiea are facing through it hence you are not alone. Time will let your overcome the anxiety and you will slowly get used to it. So think for the sake of your children, im sure you can do it!

Read more

Hi Mommy, you are not alone in this sad dilemma. As modern mommies living in a high paced first world city, balancing work and motherhood, wanting to stay home with the kids and going out to work in order to provide them with the best is inevitable. All I can say is that you're going back to work so that your children can have the best and that makes you an awesome mother. Channel your sadness into your work and aim to finish on time everyday so that you can go home to your family happy. Hang in there, Mommy. Remember you are not alone and no matter what, you're a great mom :)

Read more
VIP Member

Don't worry as time goes by, you will slowly get used to it. Ur elder child also go ifc? If yes, i believe you can get through this period again. It's also good ways that we will not be very serious separate anxiety, so i can go date with my husband once in awhile. My separate anxiety is so strong, i always feel guilty without bringing any of them along anywhere, if i go out, after my girl go school, i feel school is a better place for her to learn more things. I feel happier when she feel more things in school too.

Read more

I used to be like that too. Sometimes, when circumstances don't allow, we don't have a choice. Be positive. Maybe you can try to start doing something from home to see if it works for you before you decide. U can join me in Jeunesse. Click on the below link to find out more. https://vanessateoky.jeunesseglobal.com/ Alternatively, have a friend who is in Mary Kay and she is good. She can guide and help you along.

Read more

I sent my LO to IFC after my 16 weeks of maternity leave. On a brighter side, I felt that my LO can have more activities & more opportunity to learn compared to staying at home. I can also take a tiny break from both work and LO by occasionally taking leave from work & sending LO to IFC. Mummy deserves some me time too :) Cheer up! Spend quality time with your LO since we can't afford to have quantity time :)

Read more
VIP Member

Hey mama - am working Mum. LO is only 4 months. I only had 2 weeks maternity break and sent her to IFC from 3 months onwards. So ur not alone. Many of us in same situation. But no choice. Gotta work - so make the best of work and family :)

I cried so hard when my girl goes to IFC on the first day. Subsequently she kept getting admitted in the hospital. Life still goes on. To feel less guilty, I commit myself to spend more time with her after work.

Think of it in an alternate way that u are providing for the family financially although u can't spend as much time with the little ones..

Part for having a family is to put ones self interest away to advance the family interest. You are taking one for the team... Keep it up.