I'm feeling emotional these few days cos I'll be returning to work next week after my maternity and no pay leave. Hubby said it will be tight on family financial if I continue to go on no pay leave .. So it is even more impossible for me to quit my job to be a SAHM . We are sending our Lo to infant care .. N I'm already feeling the separation anxiety :( I wish to take care of my baby by myself too but hubby thinks it is too tight financially . We also have another elder child (5 years old), so many mouths to feed .. Sigh.. Been feeling depressed too .. Anybody in similar situation as me ? How can I feel better ? :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can totally relate and understand where you are coming from especially because I felt the same when I was going back to work after my maternity leave! It's just not easy to leave a bundle of joy in the care of a nanny or play school because you feel like you are leaving a piece of you behind. However, I want you to look at the positive side of being a working Mom:-) just because you are a Mom does not mean you let go of your career, your independence as well as what you contribute to this world. You will also realise your little baby will grow to be more independent, strong willed and joyful! Kids take care of themselves therefore we need to take care of ourselves first - such that we remain ever confident, equal partners at work and at play! Best of luck! Be bold - you can do this!

Read more