I'm feeling emotional these few days cos I'll be returning to work next week after my maternity and no pay leave. Hubby said it will be tight on family financial if I continue to go on no pay leave .. So it is even more impossible for me to quit my job to be a SAHM . We are sending our Lo to infant care .. N I'm already feeling the separation anxiety :( I wish to take care of my baby by myself too but hubby thinks it is too tight financially . We also have another elder child (5 years old), so many mouths to feed .. Sigh.. Been feeling depressed too .. Anybody in similar situation as me ? How can I feel better ? :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mommy, you are not alone in this sad dilemma. As modern mommies living in a high paced first world city, balancing work and motherhood, wanting to stay home with the kids and going out to work in order to provide them with the best is inevitable. All I can say is that you're going back to work so that your children can have the best and that makes you an awesome mother. Channel your sadness into your work and aim to finish on time everyday so that you can go home to your family happy. Hang in there, Mommy. Remember you are not alone and no matter what, you're a great mom :)

Read more