I'm feeling emotional these few days cos I'll be returning to work next week after my maternity and no pay leave. Hubby said it will be tight on family financial if I continue to go on no pay leave .. So it is even more impossible for me to quit my job to be a SAHM . We are sending our Lo to infant care .. N I'm already feeling the separation anxiety :( I wish to take care of my baby by myself too but hubby thinks it is too tight financially . We also have another elder child (5 years old), so many mouths to feed .. Sigh.. Been feeling depressed too .. Anybody in similar situation as me ? How can I feel better ? :(

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, i can really feel you as i did faced it too but managed to overcome this separation anxiety gradually over time. We are living in Singapore which has a high standard of living hence it's costing to have 2 children. So even though i wish to become a SAHM but i can't fulfil my dream as my hubby is not earning much. Hence, for the sake of our future and my kids, i have to continue working so that it's enough for us to cover our monthly expenses and also to provide the best to our kids. I believe alot of mummiea are facing through it hence you are not alone. Time will let your overcome the anxiety and you will slowly get used to it. So think for the sake of your children, im sure you can do it!

Read more