How much to raise a child

I’m currently 29 weeks pregnant. And I’ve been hearing that having a child is pretty expensive. How much should I get aside for the child expenses? Hubby and I earns roughly 12k. Thinking if 20% if enough to cover monthly expenses.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes enough. But bear in mind that childcare expenses will vary according to ur choices. If sending to premium childcare centres like mindchamps, about $1900 per mth after subsidy, compared to about $500+ per month for normal full day childcare. I chose normal childcare instead of more premium ones as i have 3 kids and cant imagine spending close to $6000 per mth just on childcare! I think the bottomline is to set aside an amount u are comfortable with, and try to work within that budget. I'm sure it will get easier after they enters primary school=

Read more

I think 20% is more than enough especially your combined income is 12k That add up to 2.4k expenses for the kid Infant care, maid , diaper , milk & insurance ...

5y ago

The infant care near my area are already 1.7-1.8K.........

Hi, I think you should be fine. Also, the way you and your husband decide to do savings, it should be manageable

VIP Member

Your 20%of 12k is more than enough to me.

VIP Member

Yes that's fine(:

More than enough.

for a start yes

Shldnt be worry

VIP Member

yes enough

Yes should be enough