18 Replies

initially your baby will be more attached to you instead of the father, more so because you spend most time with baby. i think one thing that helped us was that my husband and i would sit together, holding baby in my arms. and he would gently stretch out his hands and i would place baby in them. we kept doing this for quite a few times, and i would also be there. it eased baby and made it more comfortable for my husband to carry baby.

It's very normal for kids to get attached to one parent! Doesn't mean they'll never be bonded with the other. Since I was 6 mo, my mom used to go out for work and I was raised by my grandparents. I used to spend most of the day with my grandparents. Even in the night, I refused to sleep with my parents. Ultimately, I have equally strong bond with my parents as that of my grandparents.

I feel this is quite normal when baby is young. My kids reject daddy whenever I am around until they are older, 2 years old. This is because they feel closer to the mummy, the main care taker. Try to let daddy to bond as much as possible without your presence will help them to accept daddy slowly.

VIP Member

Place your shirt over your husband's shoulder and get your husband to carry your newborn. It might work. It could also be because your husband is holding your newborn in an awkward position, causing him to feel uncomfortable.

VIP Member

It’s a matter of time. The mother holds an important role to the baby. The baby feels safer with the mother. Father’s need to interact with the baby by feeding, burping, playing. This will make the baby get used to them.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1103)

Then can start letting your hub attend to all newborn's request, eg feeding, changing diapers , shower and playtime. Lesser the contact with mum might help better

Just encourage baby to Chat with dad... tell baby about daddy.. eg "daddy worked hard today.. can you give him a kiss/hug?" Don't stop trying!

My nieces were closer to the mum. But the dad tried harder to be close and the mum accomodated that and theyre all good now. Hope that helps ☺️

matulog po si baby sa gitna nyo ni hubby. that way, hindi lang scent ni mommy naamoy nya at masasanay sya na 2 kayo ni hubby katabi at paggising.

Related Questions

Related Articles