What is the best advice your father ever gave you?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Haha, that's a good one at this age ;) Now that I think about it, the best advice my father gave me was that while he would always be around to support me, it would have to be my responsibility to make sure that I could get what I wanted. In the sense that while he would support me and guide me, I would have to work hard for what I wanted from my life. My father told me that he was not in a position to leave me a bank account full of ready money, so all he could give me was a share into his experiences, and honest feedback whenever I asked for it. Till date, I am thankful that he sowed those first seeds of independence and the strength to work hard for my goals. And yes, he also helped me understand the importance of constructive criticism :) What was the best advice your dad gave you?

Read more

Like my mother, my father did not point out things that i should do. He was quite an experienced man but he did not think himself big enough to advise me. He shared his experiences with me, he told me how he survived on the salary of Rs 120 in Kolkatta, but he always let me have my own experiences. All he wanted for me was to live my life to the fullest, as he had, and this is the thing I carry on a s legacy from him. :)

Read more

My father told me - "Life gives you what you settle for."