Carrying heavy things while pregnant.

I work in retail and it requires a lot of walking and carrying, pushing, pulling of heavy stuffs. I'm currently pregnant going to 8 weeks. I'm feeling better than when I'm at week 5/6. Should I still be cautious and avoid doing all those things? I'm pregnant for the first time. It kinda kills me asking ppl for help when I feel like I can do it but at the same time I don't want to regret my actions if something unfortunate happens.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Dont take it lightly. I lost mine due to overwork and standing too long due to taking teaching in the morning and working as a make up artist till 2pm for 3 wjole mths . I lost my baby just like that, thinking that im capable of doing everything on my own. So babe, dont over estimate urself and dont push ur body. The first trimester is very hard.

Read more
5y ago

No worries babe. HE always gives u rezeki at the right time and always have faith in

VIP Member

Try not to. I work in hotel front line. And i regretted it too. Suntimes i tot its ok to carry those luggages as they're not that heavy but we shouldn't. So u shud tell pple at work that ur pregnany and ask for help instead. In my case, i didn't tell pple at work only the close ones but we might not be on same shift hence i do things on my own..

Read more
Super Mum

Anything can happen in the first trimester so you might feel OK but don't push yourself too much. Take note of your posture also (if lifting something from the floor widen your legs and bend your knees don't bend your back)

as you are in an early stage, i encourage you to let your boss and colleague knows about your situation. As you really needa be ultra careful in this stage

I used to work in retail... all of us willing to help our pregnant colleagues... Pls be cautious dont carry heavy item...

pls dont take it lightly.. i almost lost my baby, at 6weeks and i was given bed rest for 3 weeks with minimal movement.

5y ago

We both work in the same line, i feel u too cos used to do heavy stuff, but after the incident, i was given a light task and have a extra rest time if needed.

VIP Member

Get someone help. Or check if you could be in a better station where you do not need to carry heavy stuff.

Does your boss knows you are pregnant? Let them know soon so they can get someone else to help out.

Not to carry heavy thing.... I'm not sure weight of ur product. But I thk maxcarry 1kg is fine

TapFluencer

Always be careful. It’s ok to ask for help specially since you are pregnant l