Carry heavy items

My boss have been asking me to carry heavy items and packing it despite the fact that I’ve already told her I’m pregnant. 5 months pregnant currently. Is there anything I can do it since she’s not been understanding at all? #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If this convo happens again, you could say “oh I am so sorry, I won’t be able to carry this, shall we get xxxx or the team to help?” I think sometimes some people needs to be told in their face. Maybe they genuinely didn’t think through or remember that you mentioned before that you cannot lift heavy items. It takes two hands to clap. You can reiterate and put your point across but also give suggestions on who else can help. Perhaps, that would help you manage the situation better.

Read more

hmm not sure why your boss still ask you to carry heavy items when you're pregnant. 🤔🤨 Able to tell her again that it is not advisable for you to carry heavy items as it carries risk for pregnant ladies..?

That’s not a very supportive boss. You should definitely remind her that you are currently pregnant and ask if you can swop jobs that do not involve carrying heavy things as it can be very risky

get a memo from ur gyn dr for light duty at work and show ur boss, since she do not understand preg r not allow to carry heavy weight. im sure ur dr will understand also

suggest to get a doctor memo for light duty so that you can provide your boss.. Best is got date inside, otherwise boss later flip prata..

Tell her straight that you’re not suppose to carry heavy item as you are pregnant. Or you tell her that you get someone to help?