Job issues

I feel so angry today when my colleague ask why I cannot carry heavy items/ bend down when he clearly knows I’m pregnant. Alright to be fair, most guys don’t know the woes of a pregnant lady, all the more he’s single. I guess it’s time to let my manager know about my pregnancy since I’m alr 12+3. Had such a difficult time trying to avoid all sorts of work that require heavy lifting and long standing. Maybe I sld have just inform from the start when I knew I was pregnant but I was superstitious. Such an agony because people only understand things from their point of view. They may label me as ‘difficult’ and ‘who does she think she is’ trying to avoid responsibilities. Well they can say/ think all they want because ultimately why should I risk my unborn child and myself just for a job? Although I still need to ensure I do not get tortured by people before I go for my maternity leave 😒

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most guys really don’t get it. But I have female colleagues (who are already mothers) that are like that too. Colleague 1 was 7 months pregnant and one of the kid in our school vomited. Colleague 2 (female and mother of 2), handed colleague 1 tissue paper and asked her to clean the floor. How can colleague 1 even bend down to clean?! So all sorts of people are out there, we only can suck thumb and accept that not everyone will treat us well when we are pregnant. I’m currently 10wks today and my colleagues don’t know too.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, ya. Is better to inform since you have such a “inconsiderate” colleague. Even if they don’t know but it is also norm that guys shouldn’t let woman carry heavy stuffs in the first place. You should voice out your concern caused now point risking your baby and yourself caused of other people’s comment and their view. Cheer up☺️

Read more

How come ya colleague knows but not your manager? Maybe he really asked an innocent question then educate him. Else like u suggested, inform ya manager so manager can make appropriate arrangements

Super Mum

Yes! Please please inform your manager.