Just wanted to share how I feel

I am in this point in my life where I do not know anymore what I wanted to do, or maybe I knew what I want but, I am just scared or I just don't know how to start with it. I know I've been teaching since I graduated but right now, I am not happy with it anymore. I feel like this is not where I belong. I mean I know God put me in this, that He has plan for everything. I feel like I served the purpose already of this plan. I am from a family that is not well off. As the eldest I have this desire to graduate and find a job immediately so that I could help my parents in finances. The easiest and cheapest course I found is teaching. I studied in Philippine Normal University since it is known for being on the top and of course, since it is a state university, you dont have to pay a lot for the tuition fee. I graduated year 2011, took the LET exam and passed. From then on, I started teaching and earned money. I am happy that I was able to help my parents with finances and that I was able to contribute in my siblings successes. My youngest brother graduated last year. And that when me and my boyfriend for 6 years planned to get married Dec 2018. After getting married, I realized that teaching is not really for me. Well maybe, I just convinced myself before that that is where I belong just because I have to have the means to help my parents. But now, I not happy with it anymore?. I really wanted to quit my job but, I can't. I still don't know what I want to do after quitting. Or maybe I knew, I just don't know how. I wanted to find a new job, basically office works then put up my own business. I am crying right now cause I feel like it will be difficult for me to quit and start a new journey.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My bff is also an educator by profession. She recently quit her job to focus on her little one, it had been so hard for her to quit at first since teaching is her passion but she realized that she can always come back to her profession whenever the time is right. My point here is, you can try to explore other things, it's never too late. If teaching was never been your first choice then maybe you should discover what really pumps your engine. Don't be afraid to quit if you hate what you're doing, self love and self preservation is far more important. You did your part as an "ATE" or a provider you should now do your part as "YOU" naman. Ask for your husband's help for a logical assessment, maybe he can suggest a thing or two. Anyway , goodluck and be brave. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Magbasa pa

Kaya mo yan, para you will not get lost mas maigi na habang nasa teaching industry ka , start ka na mag prepare sa field na talagang gusto mo. Tama ka mahirap pag magresign ka agad tapos you will end up regreting kasi hindi ka agad kikita sa field na goal mo. Take one step at a time. Just make sure na hindi magsuffer yung financial aspects , kaunting tiis pa at pray kay God for strength and guidance. Being the first born I am confident to say na proud ang parents mo sayo and they are really lucky having you. You have made sacrifices for your family , alam ni God yan..kaya in time He will bless you with greatness and happiness ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Magbasa pa

i feel you.. Educ din course ko, dahil un ang gusto ng parents ko., pero psychology talaga gusto ko., puro kasi teacher sa side ni mama. 4 years din pinilit kong mahalin ang pagtuturo, pero hindi ko talaga magawang mahalin. Para lang ding tao, kahit pilitin mu ang sarili mu na gustuhin ayaw talaga. After 4 yrs of struggle, nag apply ako sa dream job ko, at least kahit man lang sa dream job ko matupad ko pangarap ko masaya na ako. Gusto ko rin ipagpatuloy ung course na gusto ko, kaso feeling ko aanhin ko pa un eh 30 na ako ngaun? Alamin mu qng anu talaga magpapasaya sayo, ung ramdam mo na mfufulfill mu ung pangarap mu

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Hi, sis. You have to really pray for guidance on deciding what you really want or what God really wants for you. Magkaiba kasi yun diba. Don't be too hard on yourself. Allow yourself to take it one day at a time. Baby steps ika nga. Hindi naman ganun kadali to take a big leap unless nalang you are sure on what the next step is and determined to take it. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlege Him and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5,6 ๐Ÿ™‚

Magbasa pa
5y ago

You're welcome, sis. Minsan talaga dumadating tayo sa crossroads ng buhay natin regardless kung anung age natin. Pero I believe na with God on your side, malalampasan mo rin yan, sis. God bless you!

VIP Member

Just Pray sis. Follow what the Lord's will or want for you, Not your want and i assure you, you will be happy ..

5y ago

Thank you sis. โค๏ธ