14 Replies

Super Mum

What your husbands thinks and says about you is way more important. And he should be the one telling him mother that she’s wrong. I wouldn’t confront unless my MIL starts saying these untrue things to my kids (because they’re impressionable). I also think there’s no need to prove yourself to her. Just stay awesome and leave her to think whatever she wants.

I ignored her and proved her wrong. When my Hubby and I started dating, she is against it saying I am using him for money or something. But I shook it off and lucky my husband protected me. It died down bef our 1 year of dating. Now she kept asking when will we visit to have family dinner.

Have same issue as you! My husband want me confront. But I don't want so I ignored her. She even told my husband I don't pick up her calls, I need to work back home I need to take care my child where got time to call back. Actually have but I'm lazy to call back. 😅

Super Mum

You can talk to your husband instead and tell him what you want mil to know, and let him be the messenger. He should defend you if he thinks you're in the right but also choose his words carefully to not hurt the relationship

Forget it about getting an apology. Their generation always think they are right. Just let ur hub settle her. Try not to have any confrontation as this will only worsen the r/s and makes things awkward when you see her

TapFluencer

It's hard for MIL to say sorry 😉 Do think what will be the consequences for confronting her? I will choose to ignore, most importantly is your hubby understands and stay neutral when there's arguments

VIP Member

Ignore her. People can say what they want we can't control. Sad that u had to hear it but hey, on the bright side your hubs is on your side! He sided you! That's the most important

VIP Member

If you still can, maybe tolerate her a little more. Old people tend to get more sensitive. Just tell your husband the things that are not true. Let him talk to his mum first.

No please don’t confront ur mil directly as it will sour the relationship even more. U can ask ur husband to explain with good reasoning to her instead.

I think best would be to make your husband talk to your mother in law and explain her that what is the truth and how does that make you feel

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles