10 Replies

Here is a tip that was shared with me by an experienced friend which helped me (I had a similar problem too). This will help you reduce and cope with an over-abundant milk supply. Try to avoid pumping or expressing your milk unless you absolutely have to. Pump or express only if you need to relieve the fullness, because if you pump to empty your breasts, you may be more comfortable temporarily, but you will be sending your body the signals to make more milk. After you've crossed this minor hurdle, and your supply drops a little, then you can think about what to do when you return to work. Pumping 2-3 times during work hours should not be a problem. Openly discuss this with your boss before you get back to work to ensure your transition back into work is smooth.

This is a good problem as many mummies do not have good supply like u. What I Realised was, if I don pump out the bm, it will stop producing as much as it used to be. As we know that, it is a demand and supply thingy, the mind and body will detect ur lower demand and not produce that much to meet. I prolonged my pumping from 2hours to 3 hours. My supply dropped but still good yield.

Try using a milk catcher /collector .. I do the same and it’s very helpful for me since I had to go back to work after a month of giving birth. Mine is the Silicone Ladybug Milk collector of Haakaa.. though it’s quite big when you attach to your breast, but I suggest you could just wear some loose clothes.

It's normal during 1-2 mths after delivery. My aupply dropped a little to accommodate to my son's schedule after 3 mths. When back to work, pump 2x or 3x depending if yr boss allows. You can still maintain yr milk supply.

Early on I too had too much supply but it evens out as your body understands how much is needed for your LO. Also avoid pumping until at least a 4-6 weeks in, or your body will think that too much milk is needed.

I have discharge from breast from mid of 7th month. is it normal? also I have pain in pelvic area .anybody have any idea?

the type of discharge matters so as to know if there is any problem

VIP Member

I was like that in my first month too. Now in my third month I only pump 4 times a day at 8 am, 2pm, 7pm, 11.30 pm

breast supply will reduce if baby don't suck as often as before so there might not be much leakages

y

Related Questions

Related Articles