How long did baby last in newborn size diapers? I am looking at stocking up - how many newborn size should I buy?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Newborn diapers are used very fast and will also be outgrown very fast. It depends on the weight of the baby upon birth. I only used 2 packets of Newborn size from Huggies and I have to start using their S size. Baby was born 3.6kg As baby is breastfed, they will usually poo and you will need to use alot of diapers so do not need to stock up newborn ones. For me, i stocked up more of S, M & L.

Read more

One of my friends had a relatively small baby, only 2.3kg when they brought her home. She tried Mamy Poko and felt the the fit was about right. She soon switch to S size after her baby grew to about 3.5kg (after abut 2 weeks). Her suggestion is to buy the newborn size diapers sparingly (based on demand and growth rate) but stock up on the different sizes once you find a brand that suits your baby.

Read more

I only bought 1 packet of newborn size and proceeded to get S size ones as most S size can be used on newborns. Furthermore, newborn size diapers are more expensive than S size ones. You can also consider buying them 1 pack at a time if you prefers newborn size ones as baby outgrow them pretty fast. It will be wasteful if you buy too much and you can't change them to bigger size.

Read more

I bought 2 packets of Newborn size from GOO.N and that was "just nice" before he had to be upgraded to Small size. GOO.N diapers run a little bigger than most other diapers so I guess if you're baby is about 2-3kg, you go could to 3 packets of Newborn sizes because they do poop and pee a heck lot! My son was 4.3kg at birth so he had to be upgraded earlier because of his size

Read more
VIP Member

Don't buy too many. I also suggest buying reusable cloth diapers as they can last longer and they are gentler for your baby. During the day, I use cloth diapers so I only used about 1 pack of disposable Huggies NB before moving on to S size. Many S size diapers are able to fit newborns as well. It's better to stock up on S than NB size.

Read more

Mine is 3 week still in newborn (the newborn brand I use is up to 5kg in weight). Mainly bought Merries (3 pk) but was given free sample of Huggies Ultra and Drypers Touch and provided with free Drypers Wee Wee Dry (1 pk) by the hospital and by my colleagues (1 pk). So total I had 5 pk and used about 2pk

Read more

My baby is 2 wks old still using NB and he is on the big side.. I got him these 2 brands Peekapoo and Rascal & friends which I highly recommend for heavy weight coz its super absorbent and long lasting. Both in NB so basically 2 packs for NB 80 pcs+ Small samples I got in total about 180 pieces.

VIP Member

We used about 1 1/2 packets of newborn size (Huggies) before we had to swap to something else. We also used about 5-6 free Drypers newborn which we got in goodie bags.

my baby born 2.8kg...i only use 2 pack of NB pampers...when my baby 3.5 kg i start use s size

Two weeks! You can buy in bits because they outgrow them so fast.