Hi my parents in law have been of great help in helping me to take care of my kids as I am a working mum. But my mother in law likes to make noise about how I run the household and also scold my helper when she doesn't do things her way. I don't want my helper to get pissed off at her and am also afraid that she will not want to work for us. Any tips? Should I get my helper to listen to her and do things her way or do things my way?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same situation. Always have to pacify my helper by explaining to her the things ah ma did. If ah ma have her way of doing things, just follow accordingly and do not argue or talk back with her. However if I have my way of doing things, she will have to follow as well afterall I am the paymaster. Knowing that she might be caught in between, she will have to tell me so that I can balance things out. I always explain that this how SG household like especially with ah ma. Just got to be patient and respect ah ma at all times. I will get my hubby to be involve by telling her mum too, good help are hard to come by,scare her by quoting news articles on those cases where helpers lost their sanity,etc.

Read more