Mummy with sleeping newborn

Has any mummies slept with her newborn during confinement instead of having the baby sleep through the night with the confinement nanny? ? Are there any tips to help co-sleep during baby’s first month? Thank you!

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been looking after baby myself until I go back to work after the maternity leave. All I can say is be patient and altho we're very tired sometimes, we as the mother will wake up and feed no matter what. After awhile I guess we're adjusted to the timing alr so it's just a routine. My husband helps out from 11pm-2am cos he needs to work. So I do the other timings. And maybe I am very very tired, but alr used to the timing so my body is okay. And while feeding or talking to the baby, if your baby smiles back at you, trust me, it's all worth it. Hehe.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi, I slept with my baby the whole confinement period even after (same bed) If you intend to sleep with your baby, you need to be very alert and be careful. Can't really deep sleep or rest. Honestly, you will be very tired as baby will be awake few times for milk. You need to mentally prepared. However, if someone can help out a bit or since you have confinement nanny, you could seek assistance from her.

Read more
Super Mum

Baby sleeps in her cot which I placed right beside me.. Since I breastfeed her during the night feeds, it’s only easier to have her sleep in our room.

Super Mum

I didn't leave my LO w nanny. Brought her to sleep in a cot with us. Basically it's waking up every two hours to feed.

Super Mum

I did not have a confinement nanny.. She was sleeping in her cot while I was sleeping on the bed.

VIP Member

Hi... My baby slept with me during confinement. Baby sleep in baby cot placed next to my bed

VIP Member

I co slept with my child, didn't think it was good to leave her with a stranger

during confinement baby either sleeps in her cot or cosleeps with me!

VIP Member

I co-sleep with my baby, we put him in a playpen beside my bed.

Hi, Better to have baby sleep in a cot next to your bed