Did your confinement nanny sleep with baby or mother?

Hi everyone, I’m due in Feb & I have engaged in a confinement nanny services. I understand the confinement nanny is here to help with care & also I should take the opportunity to have more rest/sleep in the night.. however, personally I am not quite comfortable with the arrangement of confinement nanny with baby in another room… i am ok for nanny to enter in and out of our room though.. I have the intention to exclusively BF.. wondering if MUM’s out there have experience or thoughts if baby & mum should sleep tgt or it’s ok for bb to sleep with confinement nanny in another room (with doors closed - likely aircon).. Thoughts / comments please, thank you. #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All my confinement ladies sleep in e same room with my first born (I had extended confinement).. Their main priority is to take good care of baby which I guess we must have trust them.. Otherwise it’s not easy to live with a stranger for 28 days tbh.. And mummy really need to rest more than usual during e confinement period.. You can always leave yours and baby’s rooms door open during this period to ease any worries.. For night feeding I usually pump and storage it, then CL will check if I already have BM ready for baby den she will do e necessary which u can plan and share w her what u would prefer..

Read more

i didn’t like confinement nanny alone with baby too. she might be sleepy and i was paranoid about her ability to take care during the night. so i just take night shift and rest more in the day