My friend's husband wants to divorce my friend. They have a 2 yr old lo. As her friend, what can I do?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I don't think you can do much to get them to reconsider the divorce but you can be there for your friend as she goes through this tough period in her life. She may need some help to adjust to life without her spouse whether it be physical help like getting groceries, watching her kid as she runs errands or emotional help.

Read more
VIP Member

There is nothing you can do. Most importantly be there for her, listen to her, be her listening ears. Encourage for a marriage counselling. If she refuse to, just let her know that you are always there for her.

Read more

Encourage them to go for marriage counseling. U cannot help her in her marriage and u being her friend will be bias too. Just offer help in errands/looking after kid or listening ear if she need

Support your friend on what she really wants to do, as Long as it’s within reasonable means. Don’t try to give her advice unless she asks. Just being there for her will be good

Focus on the child. Ensure they don't use the child as a weapon to get back at each other.

Lend her a listening ear, be emphatic, and compassionate. Nothing much can be done.

VIP Member

Be there for her throughout the ordeal, lend a listening ear etc

VIP Member

Give her the moral support, diverge all attention to the kids