For those who take fresh coconut juice during last trimester where do u buy them from? How often do you drink?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I drank those from a canned. I know it's not recommend due to the sugar content. I had no access to fresh coconut drink so i made do with the canned version. Honestly it helped alot as during the third trimester i was feeling hot all the time even in an air conditioned room. but true enough, during birth, my child is very 'clean' with very litter white vernix around his body. It works for both my child labour.

Read more

Yes, it is safe to drink coconut water, but in moderation, as it contains natural vitamins and minerals. Having coconut water in the first trimester helps curb dehydration resulting due to morning sickness. It is also good for heartburn and constipation, the common symptoms of pregnancy. It suggested by doctor tht i consulted on an application, Halodoc. get your own treatment to your baby there.

Read more

I used to drink it a lot during both my pregnancies, and would usually pick them up in multiples from local fruit vendors. They are also available in many supermarkets, so you can try there. Also, if you can't find the fresh fruit, you can try some of the natural versions that come in cans. but make sure you have it soon and don't keep it for more than 2 or 3 days at the most.

Read more

It's rather cooling, so my MIL says to drink it max 3 times a week during the last 4 weeks perhaps? but i guess everything in moderation and you can start earlier if preferred. Coconut water helps to hydrate and contains loads of nutrients and minerals too :)

VIP Member

For my first, we bought young coconuts from the fruit stalls, and kept them in the fridge. Only drank about 1 or 2 each week during the last few weeks though. You may take it out from the fridge and wait till it's less cold before drinking, if preferred.

VIP Member

Many mummies has said that drinking coconut juice during the last few weeks of pregnancy helps them to deliver a 'clean' baby! :) you can buy them from the supermarket or fruit stalls.

5y ago

ye s

TapFluencer

Any grocery should have fresh coconut like NTUC, Giant, Fairprice and even wet market

i drink them from the canned version. those natural types with no pulps.

VIP Member

Market or fruit stall. I start drink at about week 28... Twice weekly

You can buy from Giant and keep in ur fridge for about 3 days