First-time parent

Hi all, first time parent here. My wife just found out she is pregnant after trying for 5 years!! Finally! She is into her 5th week of pregnancy and I would like to know when is the time that we should start seeing the OBGYN... TIA.

35 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its good the sooner you go and by the way get her Maternity packages I didn’t get during my first so had to pay each visit and it was annoying n cost more congratulations !!!to you both make her eat lots of fruits veggies drink plenty of water n get folic acid and multivitamin for pregnant women don’t get those from hospital as you can just get from pharmacy at as they charge lot more!that is if you are like me who counts every cents🙊😅ask her to sleep alot during all pregnancy if she can coz once baby is here all energy goes to baby they wake at night every 2-3 hours ti feed and to change diapers,she will need your support at all times what i found out after i was pregnant i was more Emotional,want attention more etc so pls be there for her don’t ever miss Doc visit so important my hubby never miss once and i was really happy about it

Read more
VIP Member

Congrats to both of u! From 8 weeks can start seeing OBGYN. That’s when ultrasound scan can see ur baby development more obviously and also can detect baby heartbeat already. Ur wife can expect doing urine test, weight and blood pressure measurement during her monthly visits. Depends on the gynae, ur wife may be expected to do blood test for chromosomal checkup after 1st trimester and start of final trimester may be asked to do blood glucose test for gestational diabetes.

Read more
5y ago

Thank you! Thanks for the info too!

AMAZING NEWS! So happy for you! As this is your first child and it took 5 years, it wont hurt to go see one right away - if nothing else this will provide peace of mind. Congratulations again! :D

Super Mum

Congrats! Can start sourcing for a gynae if you do not have one in mind. Better to start on folic acid supplements as well. My wife started visiting on Week 6.

TapFluencer

Congratulations! Given you have been trying for 5 years, best you go see the ob-gyne ASAP to get guidance on how to prepare mommy for pregnancy

Continue eating Folic acid and multi vitamins for prenatal first... then u can schedule for appointments with gynae from week8 onwards.

Congrats! My gynae said I can start seeing him for pre natal check up at week 8.

5y ago

Thanks! Did you go straight to the gynae or went through polyclinic first?

Hi Congrats! You should schedule a prenatal visit as soon as you know your wife is pregnant!

Super Mum

Csn quickly call the gynae clinic land they will advise u on the day to come visit them

VIP Member

Congratulations! Since it's your first baby maybe she should go visit a gynae now...(: