Maid or helper necessary?

First time parent here and my wife my expecting week 8. We are unsure if having a maid or helper is necessary as we are planning to send the baby to infant care in future. Both of us are working. Not expecting in-laws to help out much. Appreciate some advise and when we should start looking for helper.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our first child goes to IFC and we have no helper. It’s manageable but the problem comes when baby falls sick in IFC, which might be frequent in the beginning months. Then one of us need to take leave. If got grandparents or helper to help out on these days, it would be great.. If u wanna employ helper, I think at least 3 months before your wife delivers will be good. So got time for helper and yourselves to settle in, understand the routine and mentally prepare for infant to come.

Read more

We sent baby to infant care at 4 month and we hired a helper when baby turned around 14 months. We felt it was a good choice as baby has started to walk/ run around the house. It eased our load on house chores & ad hoc matters with a helper. Also it gave us some time as a couple night outs after baby sleep.

Read more

i don't think there's a need if both are hands-on since you are planning to send baby to IFC helper will be very free when the baby is at IFC we sent our 1st born to IFC when he was 4 months old, with no helper and family members.

Read more