Scheduled C-sect

First time mummy here!! I’m going for a scheduled Csect next Monday. Any advise beautiful mummies??

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow just bring back my caesarean experience from 1 month ago! Try to relax yourself during the surgery. Is painless but you will feel uncomfortable because of the tugging. It will end within 30-45min. After few hours, the epidural will wear off and you will start to feel the pain kicking in. You will be given painkiller but ask for it whenever is unbearable for you. You will feel thirsty and hungry, so ask for water and drink milo but take sips so that you wont be nauseated. You must stay hydrated by drinking alot water. If you are tired and couldn’t breastfeed all the time after surgery, ask the nurse to supplement with formula. Mental and physical rest is very important. Remember to start walking as soon as the nurse ask you too and wear your binder all the tome after the surgery. :) All the best dear

Read more
4y ago

Hi to ride on , can I know why we must start to walk as soon as the nurse ask us to? I’m going for elective c sect this wed.

I went through c-sect 2 weeks ago. I had light meals (porridge, soup, vegetables) the day before my c-sect because I was worried about post-Partum bowel movement (BM). Remember to let your gynae know your first pee & BM - my gynae prescribed a stool softener safe for BF and the first BM at the hospital was easy. The first pee is gonna be difficult but it won’t hurt a single bit, let the Nurses know so they can help. One mistake I made was to gulp down my first meal & drink, I almost puked. So definitely take it slow! All the best!

Read more
VIP Member

Good luck mummy, do remember to eat some thing before operation. I regret not drinking and eating before giving birth. Thus after c sect I feel so hungry and thirsty. Check with nurse they don’t allow me to consume any food due to epidural. And also I have epidural side effect (shivering) this last me for about 5 hours to stop the shivered. But individual ppl got individual side effects. For now just relax yourself and jiayou!

Read more

Try to walk more during the 2nd day. Wear the binder from the very first day you are pushed out. Ask the nurse to help u bind. Sit up slowly

Stay relaxed, Positive and take a lot of rest. Everything will be fine :) All the best

VIP Member

Good luck mama, everything will be just fine. Do try and get plenty of rest now(:

VIP Member

Stay calm and Jiayou! All the best.

Good luck mummy. Just relax urself

VIP Member

All the best ..

VIP Member

All the best