Scheduled Csect

Dear mummies, My gynae scheduled c sect for me on this coming Wednesday. May i know if there are anything that should i take note of? Or i should be prepared of? My first was emergency c sect was last year august and I’m very traumatised by it. The thoughts of going in the operating theatre still scares me 😟

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, i recently undergone csection and i understand the fear as mine was failure to progress for natural birth and had to go thru csect despite it not being in my plans. honestly it wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be. for the csect itself i think its quite ok, maybe a little pain with needles etc. but the whole process is ok. just put your fear on smth else, for me i was thinking about seeing him for the first time. just trust your gynae and the people operating. i think the post surgery was abit painful for me. so bring comfy slippers to get u to the bathroom as u need to freshen up. oh keep urself hydrated before the csect. after csect, i wasnt allowed to drinkor eat for 6 hrs. get a good binder pls!! it HELPS to hold the pain tgt. thanks to the binder i could get up. can also prepare a few big underwear (those until the belly button kind) and big pads as you can put the pad cushion inner over the scar, my gynae taught me that and it cushions the pain for me. am a ftm and it was my first csect and i hope youll find this useful :) all the best, and congrats on ur bundle of joy! heres to sleepless nights haha

Read more
1y ago

you got this!!! ☺️☺️☺️

see ur post make me anxious too. mine is coming friday 😶‍🌫️ dont think too much.. lets just relax and wait to see our baby 😍

1y ago

u gave birth at which hospital?