C-sect Request?

Is it possible to request for c-sect if I’m under subsidised at KKH? Will I be able to choose the date? And which week is csect normally scheduled at? I have a low lying placenta and I’m going for my next appointment soon at 32 weeks. I don’t want to opt for normal delivery and end up with an emergency c-sect in the end… anyone experienced this before? #1stimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! Yes, I was diagnosed early 2nd tri with complete placenta previa, 1st pregnancy 2019. Not low but complete coverage of birth canal. The risk while being diagnosed - going into massive haemorrhaging, premature birth, etc. I was told that I had no other option but cesarean. Dr mentioned if it moved, it’d be low lying & I can do a vaginal birth. He assured me that low lying placenta doesn’t increase morbidity, just that a e-csec is slightly higher & in most cases 9/10, it will migrate away from cervix. My only aim - hoped for a low lying placenta. By some miracle of a few cm it shifted up at wk 36. Momma to be, I understand your fears & concerns. You’re only at wk 32. My advice, trust your body, trust it will provide a safe passage for your baby’s birth & enjoy your pregnancy. If it makes you feel better, when you start planning your birth plan, don’t cross out a vaginal birth & have the option of a Gentle Cesarean (Google this). Also for a fact, you can schedule an elective cesc with no extra cost of an emer csec at wk 38 onwards. As long as it’s not complete coverage, you still can do a vaginal birth. No matter the placement of placenta, I hope the birth of your little one be a beautiful one for you ❤️

Read more