Any of your hubby asking alot from a stay at home wife?

First I must confessed my spouse is a traditional, super MCP man & loves face a lot, should have extinct in this era. He really expected me as a stay home as wife to cook regularly, iron all his working clothes, maintain house clean & clutter-free, must send & fetch child to & from school daily and still must treat him very nice at home. He doesn’t take care of our child since birth until now. And even when baby & I are out with a lot of heavy groceries & manoveuring a stroller, for several times he would also told me to go home by taking mrt ourselves instead of driving to pick us up. I told him clearly I am deadbeat & depleted all my energy after waking up many times in the night pacifying back to sleep now and then but he doesn’t bother to understand me. Everyday he worked until after 12am then come home. I don’t know what does he treat me as? In this era, he’s still lives in such times expecting a married woman to be like his late mum so capable & independent? For example: 1) Never even babywear like many other dads did since birth until toddler at all. 2) Almost rarely pat or coax our child before sleep. 3) Never once ever wake up in the night to coax child back to sleep. He slept like a dead pig until morning wake go work very late. 4) Never ever wash toilet bowls. 5) Often roar like crazy & throw bad tempers at me & child. 6) Hit me with his elbows very forcefully until my arms blue black when he was the one asking me to wake him up in the morning no matter what happens. 7) Slammed doors very hard when angry. Hit fist on the wall to vent his anger on us. Something is wrong with him but nobody knows as everyone outside thought he’s a super nice hubby and family man. I have no one to talk to as he stopped me from telling anyone, including his family members & relatives. What should I do?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your description sounds horridly similar to my dad. 1. Never laid a finger on any housework, including drinking cup. 2. When my mum comes home midnight after work, she still MUST finish all housework and iron his clothes, otherwise she’ll be locked outside house. We children cannot help otherwise she’ll suffer more. 3. Whenever he’s sick, my mum must be beside him 24/7 and take care of everything. However, when my mum’s sick, it’s none of his business and can go out till night. 4. Everything my mum buys has to report to him. But he can spend whatever he wants for himself and his parents. My mum has to surrender all cash and cards and passwords to him. 5. If we sisters buy things for mum, we MUST frigging buy for him too 🙄 Otherwise mum suffers again with his verbal abuses. 6. When he’s triggered, he’d smash things, hit walls, slam doors and shout at every anybody, including strangers. And yes despite all these, people still view him as a champion of cultivating “successful” children and owning big houses big cars. Sigh 😔 Unfortunately, my sisters and I suffer too. The psychological damages are very real. All of us had to visit psychologist during adolescence. And we all got married in early 20s to escape from this hell. We did our best to rescue our mum but sadly, women of that generation is too “loyal”. Anyway the pain and trauma followed us throughout, even as a parent now, the past still haunts me. I’d still rmb how one wrong sentence of ours would trigger slaps and shoutings. These monsters don’t change. Never. Everytime I see question like what would you do if you could turn time back, I only have this answer: Give my mum courage to leave this man. Everytime I watch horror movies like Slenderman, I’d pray that it’s real and take this monster away from us.

Read more

Something is definitely wrong with your hubby. Most of our hubbies really helped out in household chores even when they worked hard outside but come home still help us wives a lot. I also heard many mums saying their hubbies very understanding and nice to wives like when they come home from work and tell wives to go sleep early as they know the wives must be very tired taking care of child the whole day. Or they say they will pacify kids to sleep, asked the wives to go back sleep and don’t need to worry at all. And also try to babywear or carry the kids outside. Some men also do own ironing of clothes by themselves, no need wives to do for them. I am really surprised your hubby has done none of it. Felt really sorry for you. Hugs for you mummy!!

Read more
VIP Member

I can feel you when I read every single words here. Dont blame yourself that this is not the marriage we ever dreamt about. I am sorry dear to ask, but is there anything that you have done before that he creates this anger and resentment? If there is, I supposed you can try to open talk with him, even if its not your fault. A man who was brought up, even with single parent, he should know the feeling of loneliness. Thus he will appreciate you and feels very comfortable talking about anything with you and only you. Guess it doesnt knock sense into him that couple should share household chores/taking care of child. It no more I or U. Its we a team. I do hope that he will change for good. Or he might lose you. Dont be afraid to reach out to public ok dear.

Read more
4y ago

He said he doesn’t me love anymore and don’t care about losing me, all he cares right now is only our child and he’s going to fight for the custody of her if divorce is really to take place. My hubby is a very typical MCP man who expects a wife to cook, do all household chores, cares for kid, fetch & send kids to & fro school, and maintain a clutter-free house. He doesn’t think it’s a man’s duty to help wife so much household chores especially when the wife is a full-time stay at home mum. Because his late mum was such a typical lady and he expected his wife (me) to be exactly the same. I just can’t imagine why such man still exists in this modern era when he appears to everyone he’s a modern man with modern mindset, only me & his siblings will know him he’s a deep down traditional man.

First of all I feel very sorry for u that you have to put up with all this 😔. It seems your hubby is indeed the traditional mcp kind who thinks man is the head of family since he's the breadwinner and woman's place is at home taking care of kids. But there must be some qualities in him you saw that's why you married him? Because this is inherent in him it will be hard to change. The more worrying part for me is that he has anger management issues and show violent tendencies towards you. Please do not put up with this which will lead to domestic violence and do seek professional help if needed. I hope you find the courage to be brave and stand up for yourself if he is getting too toxic for you and your kids. Take care and all d best.

Read more
VIP Member

Ur story is reminding me one of my frnds story .. there is no change it’s apt .. I know how she feeling n crying with us but we r giving shoulder to cry but can’t enter in to their family life .. I can understand how u r feeling also, I know how painful it’s , staying together but felt like alone it’s really a big struggle mentally ..but just give a talk , a nice talk which he understands what u feel n y he is behaving like tht .. may be he also hv work pressure but apparently he may share n also share the same it increases the frndly bonding .. fighting makes distance , a good talk will erase the distance .. try it out .. good luck Tc

Read more
VIP Member

I think there might be some mental health issues with your husband. Is he bipolar? or having some anger management issues? If not, he is plain selfish. The way I see is that he doesn’t treat you like an equal or a spouse. May I ask how he is treating your child? Is it possible to engage a helper since he is not helping? I think it’s time you speak to someone you can trust like a family member. Seek some family support. Ask his family if he is like this before he got married. Please do not suffer in silence. it’s not good for you and your child in the longer run. Your child needs the best version of you!

Read more
4y ago

Sorry to hear that. Is there anyone else you can speak to in his family or even your own family members? If not, maybe a close mutual friend whom you can trust? You need to talk to him and “confront” him with someone and not talk to him alone as I am worried he might turn violent. One way is to record those outbursts with your phone (can be audio only) and let his sister listen as proof of evidence). If his sister believes you, she can help talk to him too). I am worried for your child now. Your relationship with your husband is not a healthy one. Those fearful moments are also not healthy for your child. Please seek help early! Together with his sister, convince your husband to seek treatment if possible.

Please call helpline. He can't hit you. This is wrong. Is he like this before marriage? This is unacceptable. My hubby help out with all the housework. Include washing toilet, laundry etc. He carries baby always. And carry all heavy stuff for me. He nv lay hands on me. I have been married for 13yrs with 3 children. This is unbearable and zero tolerance. How can he work so late till 12am. Maybe his job require I don't know. You should know what job is he holding and does it requires him to work late a not. Is hard to let go but you have to. No one deserve to be treated like this.

Read more

I’m sorry for hearing all these. But I feel he is showing tendency that leads to more violent behaviour, to you and ur child. (Eg: elbow u till you blue black, hit the wall, throw temper at you & forbid you to tell anyone). Though he is a “traditional & MCP” man, I don’t think this is the “excuse” for him to treat you this way. If this escalate further, I hope you will seek external help. Stay safe. Praying for you

Read more
4y ago

I’m sorry to hear this, I know u will feel foolish now with all the sacrifices u made for him, but that doesn’t change anything now. What most important is the next step to take. TBH, I’m not sure what you shld do next. I don’t think confronting him that u saw the sms he send to his sis bout the divorce . Am afraid that he will get angry that u read his msg secretly and he will hurt u & ur child. Maybe u want to speak to ur own family bout it or seek a professional counsellor advice on this?

I don't feel good about this with the description. Leave him while you still can, he is nothing without you. Please get help with someone who will protect you and your LO. If your man love you, he will help out. My mum is a SAHM and my late father is a hands on person who will bathe my brother and I and spend quality time with us even though he works in rotating shifts and help out with housework.

Read more

I can understand how u r feeling as i was in that shoes. I left my husb as i cant tolerate it anymore despite talking and getting help doesnt work out. I took my son with me given sole custody as he is just a useless pcs of s***. I fought for monthly maintenance , he give. Its been 4 years already. Both my child n myself is happy. Take care

Read more