253 Replies

Hi Gladys. While I am sure my wife will have her own specific answer on this, I will try to give a dads perspective on this question. I definitely have not regretted having a child at any point in time yet. And I hope this will never change. My feelings towards our newborn have increased continuously since he was born. And I mean that literally, because during pregnancy, I did not have that much attachment to the baby (yet). However, I would say I regret putting a lot onto my wife's shoulders. Being pregnant, going into labour, and also breastfeeding round-the-clock is an extremely heavy burden, for which I will always admire and respect her for. Once we had our son, she sometimes felt overwhelmed with all that is expected from her. I am sure, I could always have done more to relief her from these expectations. So, I mainly regret not investing more time helping my wife, but I would never regret having the baby.

I first had my daughter when I was 18. I was still in poly, jobless and staying with my parents. Admittingly, my then-boyfriend was really a bum so it was no surprised that everyone around me said that I messed my future up. I could have regretted, but I never did. Instead, I dropped out of Poly to start working so that I could provide. While everyone else was out partying, travelling and enjoying life, I was working most of the time and spending time with my girl on my offdays. Fast forward a couple of years, even though I am only armed with an O cert, I am pretty much ahead in life as compared to other same aged people. I work harder, I appreciate the littlest things, and although I am 25, I have my own place I call home. And all this wouldn't have been possible if my unplanned pregnancy didn't knock some sense into me.

No way I love and adore all my kids they are my life my everything I have 3 girls and a boy due in 7 weeks I absolutely love being a mum

I wouldn't say regret (because I love my child SOOOO much) but I often feel sad about the things I've lost and wasn't properly able to say goodbye to because I didn't know I would lose them. For one, my pre-baby body. You see all of these inspiring photos of moms who've gotten their bodies back so quickly, but mine just isn't the same anymore. Also my participation in competitive sports as a year out of training, constant injuries from handling baby (wrist, hip), not being able to attend night trainings, plus being out of shape, means I can't catch up with my teammates. I've also "lost" my very close relationship with my niece as I now spend my time with my daughter more, of course. No regrets, but there is definitely some sadness.

VIP Member

Big No ! Eventhough I have to keep on hold my degree and withdraw my scholarships and been told that I wont be able in latin honor list anymore (had 2 threatened abortion because of physical stress at university due to constantly moving around), I will still chose to carry my child....I'm not going to take back the time and wish she wasn't born.....I do have a PCOS, so were so thankful thats she's the unexpected twist to our 2019. I'm so happy 'coz I got a chance to be a mother because I realize that not all women are capable to carry and bring a child in this world...so BE THANKFUL MOMMIES IF YOU HAVE KIDS ON YOUR OWN coz their are some who wish they also have even just a one kid of their own. ❤❤❤

VIP Member

No ! My child doesnt come easy for us.. We are married since 19 and we only manage to get a child at 23 . What's more it all depend on fate and a gift from god. Because not everyone get a chance to have a child . Some people try for many years and got none whereas some got it fast and life was not capture well and miscarriage happen. I do have friends who had lots of miscarriage and also friends who have 10 months pregnancy end up on the day baby arrive to this world within seconds pass away which is really a very sad thing so all i can say no regret because every child come for a reason and i have no regrets . And its also a great blessing to have someone to come into our life amazingly

Yes and no. My 2 children has changed the relationship between my husband and I. We had our 1st kid (unplanned) 3 years into our marriage and I wished we had more time to enjoy time as a couple and see more of the world. But money was tight and got even tighter after having kids so my regret was not being able to enjoy life as much as if there were no kids in the picture. Having said that, having 2 smiley faces beam at u first thing in the morning and happy cries of "Mummy" when they see u after a long day...the feeling of love is unexplainable.

I was so happy until one day my partner told me we had our kids too soon. A couple of weeks or a month earlier i found a woman messaging him sending him provocative pictures. It was a huge fight. Then when he told me we should have waited to have kids.it really broke me inside. I was 6 or 7 months pregnant. I think it really bothers him that i havent been able to get a good job since we had our kids. Its a really sad moment for me as a wife and a mother. Despite the difficulties i love my babies. His lack of support and love has really hurt me

When I was pregnant I was regretting it and was so worried about being a parent but it really is like a sigh of relief when they finally arrive. And as the days go by they will humble you quick and ull want to toss ur munchkin away but you dont. And you start to enjoy always having company. And a little something you can be proud of. And noone can take that from you or tell you what to do with it. It's yours. It's the most amazing feeling even thru the rough nights and spit up and crying you will learn to love being a mom

VIP Member

There are days that I really miss the amount of free time I used to have, but I have never regretted having my Daughter. life has gotten monumentally tougher and more complex but it's also become fuller and rich. There's never a perfect time to have a child. I have zero regrets. Though, I miss not being so tired all the time!!

To be honest, At the beginning I didn’t feel happy when I knew that I have a bay because of the relationship between baby’s father and I. Now even though my relationship is worsening and I’m going to be a single mom soon but I’m happy that I have a baby and look forward to see him/her every single day ❤️

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles