Do you regret having children? Do u wish you had gone for an abortion instead?

233 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Never thought of having kids. Find them pesky and me n my hubby enjoy our 2 person world prefectly. Till one fine day i found put i am pregnant! We are in shock. Cos we had never had protection n all these years we did not kanna, so tot I am unfertile and we din care. Well, I am going to be a mother of 3 now. 1st 2 are boys and hubby wanted a princess and our #3 is finally a gal. Having kids is really a lot of diff. They did bring joy, but they also brought a lot of trouble, worries and stress. Last time i can buy whatever i want, go wherever i want ( with the limited salary but enjoy within the limit). Now i can only think what toys and books to buy, which tuition centre to go... I do love my kids, but if given a chance to reverse time and choose again, i will choose not to have kids. Becos i think i can't give them the best that i wanted. But I will not go for abortion, not becos of religious issue, but becos we have to be responsible since we create them. Actually i do not know if having kids are worth it a not, becos from birth u have to worry abt them, then when they grow up, will they really care and take care of u when u need them? Or will they just carry on with their stressful and hectic life of their own just like us? And who knows i have to take care of them for how long then they can really survive on their own. I really dun know and dun dare to think.

Read more

I had an unplanned pregnancy twice and was told a lot of harsh words cause of it. It was never easy being a young mom at 20. For too long, I was very concerned about how people will look at me that it affected how I look at myself which I think caused my anxieties & depression. To be honest,abortion entered my mind when I can no longer tolerate the emotional and mental pain i was suffering from but I got up and faced the trials aggressively with the help of God and my family. I, then, was determined to be the mother that these angels need and would want in their lives. Being a mother transforms me up to this day bit by bit into that person I ever since wanted to be and more. They remind me how beautiful life is and how genuinely giving our Almighty God is. I made mistakes in this life but He still sees me worth it to be a mother. Not all are blessed with such opportunity.

Read more
8y ago

that's nice to hear

Carter's coupon code is the most trusted brand of parents for kids shopping .It has been the biggest name in children’s apparel since 1865 and continues its mission to provide the best children’s clothing, gifts and accessories internationally. Find discounts on more than 10,000 quirky graphic tees for toddlers, sweaters and hoodies, shoes, outerwear and much more for your little ones at the lowest prices online and hassle-free. We have the latest coupons on new arrivals, gifts and cutest kid’s accessories.Shop now and save upto 50% on your purchase with utter coupons. Avail exciting deals on free shipping, new arrivals, clearance sales and much more! https://uttercoupons.com/front/store-profile/carters-coupon-codes <a href="http:// uttercoupons.com/front/store-profile/carters-coupon-codes" target="_blank">carters coupon code</a>

Read more

Me personally, I don't regret having children. I got pregnant with my eldest unplanned and outside marriage, of course, I got worried for my future, for the unborn's future. What will our parents say? The thought came to me. But we did just what responsible people should do. Thinking of the past and present, there are times I am thinking what if I'm not pregnant then, what will I be now? Where would I be? Am I working abroad and pursuing my dreams? Those thinks often crossed my mind, but regretting? Big NO. I'm thinking maybe if I'm not pregnant that time, I would be pregnant eventually when I'm ready and when I'm married. But not regretting.Thinking I might be pregnant at different time not means I regret it. I hope you won't do abortion. Having children is wonderful, it's hard but it's fulfilling, too.

Read more
VIP Member

Nope I don't regret having a baby. A lot of people feel that we had a baby at an inopportune time for both hubby and me, and I guess technically they are correct as we both run businesses and this is a bad time for both of us as we are scaling our businesses - but we have no regrets. I would never have considered an abortion (unless medical reasons) and I am such a crazy planner that getting pregnant by accident is a slim to zero possibility for me. So even though work is stressful and having a newborn means even more stress and sleepless nights, I am crazy happy and have no regrets. Life is too short to have regrets. Enjoy life, throw caution to the wind and celebrate the world and your life for the Colours, the beauty, the unpredictability of it all. :)

Read more
8y ago

absolutely agree with your Roshni

I love children and always desire to be a mother :) after having my first child (while I was still in university , married of course ! Hahahah ) , it was never a bed of roses trying to juggle studies and a baby but I made it through with much determination and perseverance ! Family is always my top priority .. And guess what? despite that my journey of parenthood is not a bed of roses (sleep deprived, hecticness etc ),I desire to have a second child ! *wink wink* and here I am , a mother of 2!:) I can't imagine my life without my two kids like what Jasmine has mentioned :) parenthood is never easy but the trust me, it is totally worth it !:) hang in there okie .. Don't let any negative feelings take control of u .. Your children are a gift from above :) cherish them :)

Read more

Having children is a blessing. The day you got married means you are open to having a family (Or shall I say the day you choose to make love)☺️. Pregnancy planned or unplanned should be dealt with courage and responsibility. It was you and your partner who is to be held responsible for whatever outcome of your love making. If you are not ready for such kind of responsibility then you should find measures and available methods of avoiding pregnancy. The availability of information nowadays are very wide and you have to do what you need to. Remember that you are responsible for whatever actions you make. You cant blame others for it. They may have influence but it is still up to you make the decisions..

Read more

It is normal to have negative thoughts at times when everything seemed challenging and nothing seemed to be going the way as planned/expected. There were times where my close friends confided in how they miss having their freedom and had forgotten how life was like “pre-children”. Especially at times when they feel so dejected by the various parenting woes and frustrations. That being said, all of them agree that having children had been one of the best things that happened. Regardless the frustration and anguish, once they see that their children are happy, all those negative feeling gets “overridden” by the love they feel for their children.

Read more

No regrets. I consider myself very blessed to have a baby. She is one of the best gift from God. I am thankful because I gained a lot when I became a mother. I learned new skills and talents that I never knew I am capable of. She is my daily dose of happiness. I don't know your story but whatever it is, always remember that babies are innocent and pure, they are given to us by God for a reason. Life is not easy I know, but still they deserve to live. Whatever you are going through shall pass, but having a baby may be a once in a lifetime moment for you. So please don't think of abortion. Pray and let love be always in your heart.

Read more

Since my baby was born, all I can think of is how blessed I am to have her. I have no regrets having her. She is everything to me. One precious little human in my hands everyday. I couldn't ask for more. She's the one who motivates me every minute of everyday. I truly believe that she is a break through in my life. If I would be given a chance to redo anything in mylife, I won't change anything. Because I know whatever my past is, it is what brings me to my future and it is her. All the challanges I went through, I became much braver and stronger because of that. And it really molds me to become the mother she needs.

Read more