Doesn’t let me go to work

My Daughter doesn’t let me go to work in the morning. She literally blocks the door. What do other working mums do?

Doesn’t let me go to work
15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Depending on the age of your daughter, there could be many reasons she does it - but usually it's because of separation anxiety! You can start with a simple morning routine (if she doesn't already have one) - or just incorporating some personal time with her in it. Some examples would be things like hugging her before you leave, telling her where you're going and what time you'd be back home etc. May seem like little things but it helps them to cope better knowing you'd be back!

Read more

Hi, It is very normal in kids to do that. I would suggest explain the kids why is it important for you to go to work and then every evening when you come back, talk to your daughter what happened at work today and ask her how was her day like. This will help in building more interaction with the child and also something your daughter will really look forward to when you come back from work :)

Read more

I think it's natural for a baby girl in that age. Just tryna show her the toys and the cash. Afterwards,she can understand if she doesn't let mommy go to work so, she won't get the new toys. Such a pretty cool trick though!😄

TapFluencer

You have to gently but firmly define a boundary. When it’s time to go to work, mummy needs to go to work. Do not let your kid take over control of your life. That will not be good as they grow up

Super Mum

It is very normal. I was like that when I was young. You have to tell your daughter and let her understand. Leave immediately and don't let her think that crying can stop you from going to work.

VIP Member

I will tell her “mommy have to work, will be coming home later in the evening. You wait for me to come back and we play together.” I always used this to tell my little boy.

Tell her if mama doesn’t go to work then no money for toys and all the things she likes Also take her to kidzania so she understands the concept of work and earning money

My dad always tell me "guai guai go play your toys I go work after work get you mainan. " in the end always kana cheated ={

explain to her. Never ninja your way out without her knowing because this can further increase her insecurity.

VIP Member

Explain to her like an adult . No lying to her like saying you'll be back soon etc.