Angry!

So damn angry with the helper. Been tolerating her for damn long but can’t have no maid coz I have 3 young babies to take care of. Care for babies ?? Almost cause severe injuries for a few times. Bring my sick babies with flu to my newborn after I told her don’t bring them near newborn baby. Bring another one the next day. There were sooo many more incidents. Housework ?? Her maid job is to take care of my twins and didn’t ask her to do much housework. Only clean the table which we use to make milk. And she can also cut corner and clean only places that’s empty on the table. And I provided wet tissues to clean. No washing needed at all! But nv clean after months and bluff say clean already. Character ?? Always lie. Lie during interviews. Lie after come here. Lie about doing work. Lie about babies. Always think she’s smart and lie. Always think we don’t know she’s lying. Always nv follow instructions. Think she’s smart and do things her way. She’s only smart to think of ways to short cut everything. Why didn’t change her? Coz we need a helper and maybe just afraid of getting someone worse. Been looking but can’t find a suitable one. How to tell if someone loves children? Pls let me know if you have a good agency to recommend.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel your anger and I can see that you're tolerating because her help is tantamount to no help. I would suggest getting a new helper, since the current one affects your mood as well. During the transition period, you could engage a nanny to help (Nannies-on-Wheels is one such agency). Hope everything works out! Big hugs Mummy

Read more

So sorry to know that your maid is doing all these. My fren has also told me she caught her maid lying and doing short cuts. But seems like your case is much serious as she doesnt even listen to instruction. My fren changed her maid few months ago, and the current is perfect. Its better to change.

Super Mum

Me too.. my helper (3years with me) can argued, talk back & threatened me if not happy can send her back agency. I'm maid-less for 5 months. Hard but happier. I'm 34 weeks pregnant now with a 4yo toddler. Change early to release your agony

Change her if not how u gonna tolerate for long term? While u gonna change her, get a part time nanny to help out first till ur new maid comes. I get my helper from Nation Maid Agency hougang. They are not bad.

VIP Member

Hi... I would suggest that you get your agent to talk to the helper. If there’s no change in her attitude, send her back to the agent. I got my helper from Jack Focus and she has been with me for 4 years

VIP Member

No point keeping if you are already so frustrated on her. Replace one at least u get a chance to get a better helper. Now she seems more like a troublemaker than a helper.

VIP Member

The caring for babies part, don't wait till ur babies suffered severe injuries or Brain infection (newborn) then u start to take action. Will be too late

I feel you. My first helper tells lies all the time too and I just change to another one ( and my current one is ok). Your next helper maybe better.

VIP Member

If talking to her doesn't work then I would suggest you speak to the agent. No point prolonging this, not good for you physically and emotionally.

Just take a period of unpaid leave and baby sit for the time being if your husband is working , take your time and find a better maid .