Jaundice

Hi. Currently just reached 2nd trimester. Just curious, is there any tips in order my baby not to have jaundice?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Avoid yellowish food and orange will cause the baby to have phlegm. I drink coconut water when I was near delivery date. My baby came out without those whites whites and face does not have red dots very good skin complexion. Not to praise my own son😆 but you can try drinking coconut water not too much and barley ginko good for baby(when is about the last trimester). Birdnest I didnt drink much 🤔

Read more
VIP Member

full term baby too have a risk of having jaundice. if baby's blood type differs from mum, also will have jaundice. my mum used to drink red dates tea during last trimester to help. she drank it when she has my sis and me. we were clear from jaundice. i didnt have it lol. never try out. mine full term but 3rd day develop jaundice as warned by my gynae due to different blood type

Read more

I just learnt today that some essential oils apparently can help speed up to break down the jaundice. Can't truly run away from jaundice coz baby's liver still immature. I spoke to some ladies from doterra and they recommended frankincense or geranium oils. Can't vouch for it though, didn't get to try it on my firstborn.

Read more

Baby different blood type from mum also will get jaundice. My girl has jaundice when she was a newborn, her blood type same as her dad not me.

Avoid ginger. Reduce ginger intake even after giving birth. A lot of confinement food add too much ginger. That causes jaundice

VIP Member

Curious too.. is there anything that can stop your baby having jaundice... hmmm 🤔🤔🤔

VIP Member

I think avoid yellow food? That’s what my mum told me to

No... hope there is

Avoid ginger.

VIP Member

Avoid ginger