Risk of jaundice

My son is high risk jaundice. He always need take blood test. i felt like horrible mother watching him in pain. He already went for photo therapy. All the doctors and nurses assured me is very common case. But is very tiring keep going to polyclinic for check up. Is there any way or tips to keep his jaundice down ?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually the only thing you can do is to Just keep giving him milk to drink every 3 hrs even if he’s sleeping. Other than that only phototherapy will work. Doctors say sunlight doesn’t help but I did expose both babies to morning sunlight (before 10am) for my own peace of mind. My mum used a Chinese herb called ‘inkirrab’ or smth (idk how to spell) and wrapped it in a small towel and put beside them as it is said to reduce jaundice. I also bought the special herbal bath for jaundice to bathe my baby. Doesn’t help significantly but at least we tried for our own peace of mind. For my first baby after he underwent 2 days of phototherapy his jaundice dropped. Then no need to get pricked anymore. For my second baby she also had jaundice but did not need phototherapy. However we had to keep going back to polyclinic every 2 days for the first week then she subsequently once or twice for the second-forth week until her lvl dropped below 100.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you...