Mobile phone for primary 1 student?

My child has been begging me for a mobile phone but he is only 7. He says his friends in school have mobile phones (but I doubt this is true). Parents, how do you deal with this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Elevate Your Expertise: Unveil a comprehensive collection of meticulously crafted AD0-E329 dumps, thoughtfully updated for 2023. Seamlessly curated by industry experts, these questions encompass the latest trends and advancements, empowering you to master the Adobe Experience Manager platform. Knowledge Refined: Embrace a learning journey that transcends traditional boundaries. Our https://www.activedumpsnet.com/Adobe-dumps/AD0-E329.html dumps not only validate your skills but also nurture your understanding of complex concepts, ensuring you're equipped to tackle real-world challenges with finesse. Unleash Your Potential: Stay ahead of the curve and propel your career with confidence. As the industry evolves, so do our dumps, reflecting the dynamic landscape and providing you an edge in an ever-competitive world. Your Success, Our Priority: Join countless successful professionals who have embarked on their AD0-E329 journey with us. It's not just about passing an exam; it's about embracing excellence. Are you ready to rise above? Experience it now with our new launch AD0-E329 dumps!

Read more

Is there for him to own a phone? Most kids have a phone for the parents to contact them to meet outside school gate before fetching them home. If really need to pass them a phone at that age, do implement some rules and controls over phone usage. It's for him to contact you in case of need arises, not a phone to play and do spam chats with his classmates. Let him know if he does not follow the rules, the phone will be confiscated until he respects the usage of the phone.

Read more
VIP Member

Why does he need a phone at this age? If he has to call you, he can go to the school’s general office. Part of life is learning how to deal with peer pressure, even if his friends have phones, he does not need to follow. By giving him a phone, you have to monitor the usage, you have to ensure he sticks to your agreed usage time. Is that something you want to deal with daily, at this stage?

Read more

First of all really make sure if he really needs it. You can check with the parents of other kids in school. If yes, then may be you can give him the mobile, but also try to be very interactive with him on the mobile. Example, play online games with him etc. So that you also know what your kid is doing on the mobile phone and also try to limit the usage hours of phone:)

Read more

I let my Daughter have mobile phone only after psle . They are going to ask us for mobile phones especially because they see us on the phone all the time. One way is to use the phone less ourselves and have more personal interaction with our children.

VIP Member

State terms and condition on the mobile usage first. That is what my sister in law did. She also looked around for child mobile plan with various service providers.

VIP Member

7 is a bit young and most primary schools will discourage them to bring up, maybe when they start having CCA?